Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am from Michigan and looking for some advice about purchasing a used rzr. I have been riding quads for a few years and I am bored!! I am ready to move from my quad. I walked into a yamaha/polaris dealership to buy some parts and the rzr s caught my attention. Then I saw many rzrs zipping around while I was trail riding and it looks like a lot of fun. I love hitting the jumps, going fast through trails and going through the mud!! Watching rzr youtube videos made me even more excited and I have made up my mind, I am going to purchase a rzr.

I want to buy a used rzr to save some money for some mods. I am pretty handy, I usually repair my quads myself so I am confident I can do most of my mods/repairs myself.

I am looking for some advice about what to look for when buying a used rzr. I want to stay under $9k. There are a few for sale in my area well within my budget but wanted to get some advice from experienced rzr owners.

Thanks in advanced.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Welcome, check the filter and the throttle body for any dust and you will enjoy if you bought the rzr or rzrs.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Welcome to the site.

What trail systems do you usually ride on?

Have they changed any of the trail width limits in MI I heard the rumor they were going to allow wider machines on some of the trails.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Welcome and try to get one with low hours and mileage.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome to the site.

Have they changed any of the trail width limits in MI I heard the rumor they were going to allow wider machines on some of the trails.
We usually ride St. Helen, Rose city, Denton and Leotta. Really anything near I-75. I dont know if they raised the width limit of the trails but I see rzrs out all the time, I almost never see the DNR. Many of the trails we ride seem like they are wide enough for rzrs. To be honest I completely forgot there is a width limit on many of the trails.... I believe the width limit is still 50", how wide are stock rzrs?

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Welcome to the site.

We usually ride St. Helen, Rose city, Denton and Leotta. Really anything near I-75. I dont know if they raised the width limit of the trails but I see rzrs out all the time, I almost never see the DNR. Many of the trails we ride seem like they are wide enough for rzrs. To be honest I completely forgot there is a width limit on many of the trails.... I believe the width limit is still 50", how wide are stock rzrs?

Have you seen these yet? You can download the maps they tell you whats allowed on each trail.

DNR - ORV/ATV Trail Maps

Other trail info Michigan ATV Trails

Like Johnny said do the compression test you also might want to remove the air filter and take a bright flash light and shine into the intake tube to see if any of the intake tract shows signs of dirt, give the whole thing a good going over .

I have never rode any of the trials you have listed, I have done tin cup, little O , lincoin hills, little manistee, silver lake dunes and a few places by Houghton lake but I forget the names.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts