Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I am totally new to this stuff. My brother bought a Rzr 800 s LE last year and I went out with him a few weeks ago and the bug bit me HARD :D.

Anyway, I am wanting to buy one. It just so happened that a buddy of my brothers traded in his 2011 800 s le to the dealer and upgraded to a 900.

It has I think 1500 miles on it...pretty rough miles - these guys ride em pretty hard, but he is a really diligent guy about maintenance per our discussion - but still...I think it has 200 hours and 1500 miles so not exactly a small amount!

It already has alot of mods on it - doors, windshield, skid plates, front and rear bumper, wench, no roof (he took that with him)...

They are offering what I am told is a really good deal (this per the previous owner (who now has no stake in the deal)) - 11,890 out the door with a 2 year warranty included....

Buying it new with these mods, the difference is SIGNIFICANT....so ive already told them im buying and have it on hold....

My only hang up is the 1500 miles...pretty hard miles....only problem with it in the past was some overheating due to the fan not kicking on which that have sense fixed this issue im told...never has broke down or had anyproblems per the previous owner (my bro's friend)...all of those guys seem to feel it would be a good ride for me.

Any thoughts? The dealer im told we are dealing with is quite good about warranty repairs and these local guys tell me they are good folks overall...I just do not want to get something that will be a money pit beyond the 2 year warranty...

Im totally green on this stuff, so looking for either re-assurance to pull the trigger...or any reasons for serious doubt here...

Otherwise...I can wait and save till summer next year and buy new...but even then I will need to buy mods :sad:

I really want this one to be right for me....price is right and it is ready to go....???

·
Premium Member
41,100 Posts
Hello all. I am totally new to this stuff. My brother bought a Rzr 800 s LE last year and I went out with him a few weeks ago and the bug bit me HARD :D.

Anyway, I am wanting to buy one. It just so happened that a buddy of my brothers traded in his 2011 800 s le to the dealer and upgraded to a 900.

It has I think 1500 miles on it...pretty rough miles - these guys ride em pretty hard, but he is a really diligent guy about maintenance per our discussion - but still...I think it has 200 hours and 1500 miles so not exactly a small amount!

It already has alot of mods on it - doors, windshield, skid plates, front and rear bumper, wench, no roof (he took that with him)...

They are offering what I am told is a really good deal (this per the previous owner (who now has no stake in the deal)) - 11,890 out the door with a 2 year warranty included.... (It's called an extended service agreement not a extended warranty and unless your dealer goes to bat for you it's worthless)

Buying it new with these mods, the difference is SIGNIFICANT....so ive already told them im buying and have it on hold.... (If the accessories are what you want it's not a bad deal, if the accessories aren't what you want then it's not)

My only hang up is the 1500 miles...pretty hard miles....only problem with it in the past was some overheating due to the fan not kicking on which that have sense fixed this issue im told...never has broke down or had anyproblems per the previous owner (my bro's friend)...all of those guys seem to feel it would be a good ride for me. (a rebuild of your engine would cost you approximately $2000-$2500 so factor that into you decision)

Any thoughts? The dealer im told we are dealing with is quite good about warranty repairs and these local guys tell me they are good folks overall...I just do not want to get something that will be a money pit beyond the 2 year warranty...

Im totally green on this stuff, so looking for either re-assurance to pull the trigger...or any reasons for serious doubt here...

Otherwise...I can wait and save till summer next year and buy new...but even then I will need to buy mods :sad:

I really want this one to be right for me....price is right and it is ready to go....???
Welcome to the forum & Good Luck...

·
The Lone RZR
51 Posts
If your like me your looking for someone to say "YES!!! Go buy it." So I say YES!!!! lol. But seriously I thought 1000 miles was alot on RZR's when I was looking but since buying mine a month ago I've put 150 miles on limited riding, so really 1500 miles is not what I would call high mileage IMHO. And yes having those mods would be a huge plus. I just spent $1200 in the last two days on 5 mods (front and rear w/s, doors, rear extenisiom, and top) :sad:

·
Premium Member
7,974 Posts
Sounds like a decent deal with the mods. since you know the history of the machine and that it was properly maintained the miles /hours shouldnt be an issue. I have 2000 miles on my 11 but am a maintenence fanatic and it rides and drives as good as the day it was new. Probably better now as alot of the weak items that fail have already been upgraded to better . good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If your like me your looking for someone to say "YES!!! Go buy it." So I say YES!!!! lol. But seriously I thought 1000 miles was alot on RZR's when I was looking but since buying mine a month ago I've put 150 miles on limited riding, so really 1500 miles is not what I would call high mileage IMHO. And yes having those mods would be a huge plus. I just spent $1200 in the last two days on 5 mods (front and rear w/s, doors, rear extenisiom, and top) :sad:
hahaha, well yeah, that sums it up....My brother, the previous owner, and his other riding buddy all have given me the thumbs up from their perspective on the buy...I did a bit more researching on forums about "what is high mileage"...most of what I can glean from the search is that most folks that are talking online seem to have great things to say about longevity, especially if the maintenance is kept up good....ive read online that folks were driving their 800's well beyond 6-8k miles just fine...

In all reality, this toy for me will not get used too too much...probably will take it out riding 1-2x per month depending...I have a two year old son and a baby due in January....but when I can have time off to have fun...I will enjoy it to the max!!! :D

seems like so far, responses have been at least not ominous...I suppose folks think the price is decent too...good...any comments still will be appreciated...im sure Ill have a crap ton of questions later... :ride:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Warranty? Sounds like a great deal!

Mine was 11,890 out the door with a 2 yr warranty - and I have many mods so I am fairly happy - id be happy with that deal too - hope we all enjoy - I bought mine should drive it this weekend

1 - 12 of 12 Posts