Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey New Yorkers has anyone tried using a slow moving triangle on their RZRS . I'm not talking riding on atv trails or Tug Hill . Just around the house I live out of town and everyone gets away driving their Rhino's on the road . I know its suppost to be registered I was just wondering if anyones tried this ?

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
can we register in NY and drive on the road yet? i heard they were supposed to change it so we could but i never heard for sure

·
Registered
125 Posts
Nope not yet. My buddy i ride with is a NY State Trooper and he checked and it is still illegal to drive our Rzrs on public roads. I have a reflective orange triangle i slap on the back when im up at my hunting club and we do ride on the road to the bar/restaurant and so far we havent had a problem yet. We also havent seen a D.E.C. or law enforcement officer yet either. Im sure we wouldnt have to much of a problem if my Trooper friend was with us but there are plenty of times he doesnt make it up and we roll the dice. I think the one instance we can actually ride the roads is when a "state of emergency" is declared like during a blizzard, BUT im not 100% sure about that.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a Teryx I use on the road occasionally with the orange triangle. Because of its weight DMV registered it as agricultural equipment. I do live around a lot of farms so maybe that's why I haven't had an issue. Before anyone points out to me "wrong machine for this forum ", I just bought an RZR 170 for my boys ;)

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys I know we are suppost to be registered and insured . Just think its wrong that we can't do the agriculture thing to as I know the RZR'S weights in over 1000lbs . Don't point out what the title says they did that so its considered an atv .

·
Registered
577 Posts
mines nys registered title says 945lbs but its a standard

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey guys we should get together some time and ride . I just got my RZR'S still need to register it probably when taxes come . I plan on being legal by spring so I can go to the SNERT RUN in April. Till then its private land .

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm about 25 miles south of Albany. I my dealer wrote up a statement taking away the weight of the shipping materials, I could register as an Atv because it weighs in then at 990lbs, but until NY has some more areas to ride, I get around as a farmer ;) Ive even been known to haul hay ... lol

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
100 Posts
you can register a rzr-s if you get it weighed and take the weight slip to dmv. they fall under 1000lbs but the weight that is showed includes crate and materials

·
Registered
577 Posts
im in waverly between elmira and binghamton but we have a house in tug hill and ride the snirt every year

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys I know you can register the RZR-S I just didn't want to give the state the tax money to register it now . I will register it when taxes come back .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts