Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have pretty much made up our minds to buy a new 2013 Xp 900 4 le. Would the Polaris doors be a good buy or should we look at aftermarket ones? If aftermarket which ones? It seems we would also have to buy a graphics package for the doors to make it look good, these things could get a little spendy! Could I remove the stock rear door bars? It appears that they only have 2 screws holding them in and they make it very difficult for adults to climb into the rear seats.

Thanks
Dwight

·
Registered
111 Posts
Pro Armor seems to be quite popular on the forums here, and actually are pretty close to the same price as the Polaris doors.

I'm looking to buy doors, too. When Rzr4mph posted his pictures earlier (I think it was the member's intro section) - that really helped getting the wife to believe that doors and graphics would be a good idea! Our RZR is identical, so it really gave a good idea of what the package would look like. Thanks! ;)

And not to hijack the thread...but since we're talkig about doors I'll ask - what's the difference between cut outs vs. solid? Is it just personal preference, or is there some practical application that I'm missing?

Thanks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am going to go with the Pro Armor doors,, The side bars are removed with PA doors and not with the Polaris doors,,(or that is what I been told by dealer about the Polaris doors,hope it is correct info???? ) Much better entrance/exit without the side bar for this old gezzer,,,
Fuzzy

·
Registered
284 Posts
RZR4mph, sweet ride!! I wish I could find a 2012 left over in silver.

·
Registered
172 Posts
No stock cage. I think the cut outs are just a style option can't think of practical purpose but I do think it adds to look.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Simoniz,
Local dealer has one. Wife doesn't like the color so we will be buying a 2013. He said if I was serious he could deal. It's a John Deere dealership and they don't spend much effort on selling the sport models. If you're interested I can get you a phone number.

Dwight

·
Registered
284 Posts
Get me number bud! Thanks

·
Registered
209 Posts
I went with UTV doors. I like the fact they are removable because these XP 900's get hot as heck in the cab with the doors on. We ride in high heat with them off. Ride with them on in colder weather. I left the rear bars on for this reason. We have smaller children and they like the fact the rear bars are there when the doors are off! I am very happy with my doors!

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have had both the PA doors and UTV doors. Both are good! If you go with PA forget the slam latches! Stay with the original latch system.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I have the 2013 LE also. I'm going with the PA doors. I like the looks better than the Polaris doors and currently I still haven't been able to find the matching graphics from Polaris for the LE. They only have the base red ones.

You can find the PA graphics on their site, looks pretty cool I think.

·
Premium Member
5,050 Posts
We sell a lot of the Pro Armor Doors for the RZR 4. The cutouts are for looks and seem to be the most popular.

Pm for price.....

Chris
Devious PowerSports

·
Registered
284 Posts
simoniz,
Sent you a pm with the contact numbers.

Dwight
Dwight, I finally found one somewhat local. Thanks for the help bud.

·
Premium Member
41,101 Posts
We have pretty much made up our minds to buy a new 2013 Xp 900 4 le. Would the Polaris doors be a good buy or should we look at aftermarket ones? If aftermarket which ones? It seems we would also have to buy a graphics package for the doors to make it look good, these things could get a little spendy! Could I remove the stock rear door bars? It appears that they only have 2 screws holding them in and they make it very difficult for adults to climb into the rear seats.

Thanks
Dwight
The Polaris doors aren't as well built as the aftermarket doors are... You sure don't want your doors to pop open while your riding... There have been reports of this with the OEM doors...

UTVINC mfg's RZR 4 doors, they can powder coat the doors and frames in house for a faster turn around time the color you want.... UTVINC also has the graphic kits to match the different models graphics...

·
Registered
209 Posts
Mackshell how do you like the windshield. Any pros or cons
The window really has pretty good visiability. Much better than I would have thought. Love the powered wiper. I never thought I would use it but I do. I had to install both for street legal reasons. The downside of the window is the fact it's a heavy window. I do like it!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts