Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Wyoming Cowboy
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All. I am a Wyoming born country boy looking for a new toy. I am living in Cheyenne working as an accountant for the state government. I am not a RZR owner yet but I have two favorites and have been waiting for a good deal to come along. I have it narrowed down to a 2010 Stealth Black LE or a 2011 RZR S Black Carbon Fiber LE. They have both at our local dealer I just haven't pulled the trigger yet with a new RZR. I like the idea of the S model but I like the price the base model better. I mostly ride mountain trails on my Sportsman 500 but I am close enough that a trip to Moab or the dunes in Waldon Colorado with a new RZR is not out of the question. I also don't currently have a trailer so a narrower RZR makes more sense for loading it in my pickup.

Thanks for the site. I have been soaking up information for a few weeks now. :rzrs:

·
Warranty Voider
355 Posts
Welcome! Most of the trails I've hit in South Dakota are 50", so I had the same thought process when I bought mine. Either way- you'll love it!

·
Registered
578 Posts
i got the new 2011 s and it rocks. fits in my p/u just fine with the tail gate down. they do sell a set of tailgate supports. yeah it's 60" but it kicks ass on the trails too.

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
Welcome, I got stuck in Laramie Wyoming when they SHUT DOWN the interstate for a snow storm?? No kidding, The interstate had those road closers like they have at the railroads and just closed the dang Interstate in both directions. You were stuck no matter what..rubbish! who closes a highway for snow??

Just the rambling's of a nut, Good to have you with us! You have a difficult decision, think real hard what your future plans are because if your even remotely thinking of adding a Long travel (more than the "s") dont spend the extra on it, just get the standard RZR.

·
Wyoming Cowboy
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Welcome! Most of the trails I've hit in South Dakota are 50", so I had the same thought process when I bought mine. Either way- you'll love it!
That is exactly my thinking also. Most of the trails I ride are pretty narrow but none that I know of have a width restriction.

i got the new 2011 s and it rocks. fits in my p/u just fine with the tail gate down. they do sell a set of tailgate supports. yeah it's 60" but it kicks ass on the trails too.
Nice ride Kahuna. Do you have to ride up over the wheels tubs to get it in? I have an 04 F150 with the 6.5' box. I think I will build a rack like I saw on here or get some tailgate supports.

Welcome, I got stuck in Laramie Wyoming when they SHUT DOWN the interstate for a snow storm?? No kidding, The interstate had those road closers like they have at the railroads and just closed the dang Interstate in both directions. You were stuck no matter what..rubbish! who closes a highway for snow??

Just the rambling's of a nut, Good to have you with us! You have a difficult decision, think real hard what your future plans are because if your even remotely thinking of adding a Long travel (more than the "s") dont spend the extra on it, just get the standard RZR.
Which direction were you headed on I-80? If you were headed west, you get into some pretty decent mountains and terrible wind. If you were headed east there are no mountains but still the terrible wind. I lived in Laramie for almost 5 years and it can get pretty bad mainly due to the constant 20-30 mph wind.

·
Registered
578 Posts
So the rzr fits in the back of the truck well you just need a set of ramps that can support the weight. F 150 will be just fine you still wont be able to close the tail gate, even if you get a standard rzr. I did have to drive over the fender wells but it fit like a charm. I did see a ramp where the front end of the rzr went up over the rear of the cab. You just won't want to have a soft top due to wind damage.

·
Registered
406 Posts
No matter which one you buy you will have thoughts of why you didn't buy the other one, that is human nature. The only way to solve the problem is to buy both of them. No matter which one you end up buying you will love it and you will wonder why anyone would buy the other one. I have a standard and glad I did not buy an S just for the areas I ride in. The S climbs rocks better and has better suspension but it is trail restricted in some areas.

·
Wyoming Cowboy
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I finally found the one I was looking for. I decided on a 2010 Pearl White S. I am signing the paperwork tomorrow and having it delivered in the afternoon.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts