Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There ain't nothing worse than that thawing sticky mud on Windrock Mt. Current conditions are exactly the same as when I first took my HLE on the trails.

i have a feeling I’m going to make it look new again this weekend. I hate mud!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
There ain't nothing worse than that thawing sticky mud on Windrock Mt. Current conditions are exactly the same as when I first took my HLE on the trails.

·
Registered
199 Posts

View attachment 664746
I am impressed with your machine. I have no idea how you have the patience and time to keep it that clean! Share any secret sauce....

·
Registered
1,194 Posts

View attachment 664746
Investing in some mudbuster style fender flares will really help a lot. It cut my clean up time in half. Amazingly, my mudbusters have survived, very tough.

Nice looking machine, great job cleaning. I do a good job keeping a clean machine, that's a great job.

Also, I use a product I found on Amazon that really helps with the clean look without the greasiness of most cleaner/shine products. Also helps with clean up, dirt and mud wash off easier and it doesn't collect dust.... "Wash Wax All". It's cheap, try it.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am impressed with your machine. I have no idea how you have the patience and time to keep it that clean! Share any secret sauce....
I’ve always hated the mud and clean up time. Every since I was a kid, I’ve experimented with just about every cleaning, pre cleaning products out there to make it easier. You name it, I’ve tried it all and also all of the so called “tricks” WD-40, non stick Pam cooking spray, baby oil, ect.. even went as far as putting Thompson Water Seal in my paint gun and spraying down my quads with it (which worked remarkably well, but over time would leave a white residue that I couldn’t live with)

And yes , I’ve used today’s ceramic coats but have had very limited success with them - not worth the $$ in my book. Oh yeah, let’s not forget about the silicone sprays such as SC1 and Armorkote- nice fast shinny slimy products.

My current clean and shine method. Pressure wash bulk of mud off. Then spray entire rzr including tires with Super Clean ( get it from wamart - comes in a gallon purple jug). Let sit a few minutes ( but not let dry) and then rinse with pressure washer. After rinsed and while wet, I spray the rzr down with a secrete mixture of Mudd Off concentrate and Mcguires Hyperdressing and wipe it all about. When that all drys, it comes out with an all natural deep clean look with out any greasy feel or look to it- just like in the picture.

final step is to microfiber over the windows

·
Premium Member
2,827 Posts
spray the rzr down with a secrete mixture of Mudd Off concentrate and Mcguires Hyperdressing
Why is it a secret ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
What windshield is that? That thing is cool! Also if you’re close to the Windrock I’ll pay you to clean mine 😂😂

·
Premium Member
2,827 Posts
Lol- it’s not. Just that he asked for any secrete sauce...
So do you actually mix the two or just use the Mcguires Hyperdressing while it is still wet?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Also, I use a product I found on Amazon that really helps with the clean look without the greasiness of most cleaner/shine products. Also helps with clean up, dirt and mud wash off easier and it doesn't collect dust.... "Wash Wax All". It's cheap, try it.
Well just bought some of this and I'm gonna try some secret sauce too.
I've being doing Sc1 but its getting expensive to do and I'm not sure I'm seeing the return

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So do you actually mix the two or just use the Mcguires Hyperdressing while it is still wet?
I make a 1:1 dilution of the Hyperdressing concentrate and then pour some Mudd Off concentrate in the same bottle and spray it on the rzr while everything is wet. I then wipe it down and smooth it out with a wet rag.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Wow, looks great👍

I need to try this. I either just pressure wash or wash by hand. Everything usually comes out good but the black plastic never looks all that great once it dries.

Is the super clean you use purple power? I use purple power or simple green for a lot of stuff.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow, looks great👍

I need to try this. I either just pressure wash or wash by hand. Everything usually comes out good but the black plastic never looks all that great once it dries.

Is the super clean you use purple power? I use purple power or simple green for a lot of stuff.
Not sure if it’s the same as purple power but it is purple

·
Registered
691 Posts
Thanks, i think that's the Walmart version of purple power

Reactions: rzrhle
1 - 16 of 16 Posts