Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am looking for a new trailer before our trip to Moab at the end of April. Right now I am looking at a Aluma 7816 tandem axle. The only thing on the trailer will be a 2 seat XP. Does anyone have one of these or something similar? I have a little 6810 right now and it does not tow that great with the xp, worked great when I had an s. I may get a 4 seat down the road so I want something big enough that I will have some extra room if/when I step up to one. I am pulling with a 2014 1/2 ton ram so I'm trying to keep it on the lighter side. I also live in MN so I'd rather not get a steel trailer but I may be open to it. If I went with an Aluma, would you get ramps or a bifold hinged ramp? Any help would be appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I had upgraded to a 8814 with electric brakes when I picked up my 570 thinking of the future, but maybe I should have gone with a tandem axle
IMG_1977.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
2 Posts
Aluma 7814R, wish I would have gotten the 7816R so I could also get a dirt bike on there as well. The reason I went to aluminum is you can actually tow more weight as your GWVR is almost 1000 lbs under steel. Tongue weight is super low, and most important the Raptor is so lightly sprung, this was important to me, I have slide out ramps and a 1/2 fold down gate. Agree the ramps rattle like crazy. I got some 1/4 Rubber Strips with adhesive off amazon, problem solved. I put it on sides and top of where the ramps go in, 12" strips, you done need to do the entire length. The 1/2 fold down is heavy, way heavier than the slide out ramps.
Now irony of my GVWR Statement, 1,100 lb trailer, 218 lb dirt bike, LOL

·
Registered
220 Posts
Anyone have or use a H&H aluminum trailer, looking for any +/- feedback?

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Aluma 7814R, wish I would have gotten the 7816R so I could also get a dirt bike on there as well. The reason I went to aluminum is you can actually tow more weight as your GWVR is almost 1000 lbs under steel. Tongue weight is super low, and most important the Raptor is so lightly sprung, this was important to me, I have slide out ramps and a 1/2 fold down gate. Agree the ramps rattle like crazy. I got some 1/4 Rubber Strips with adhesive off amazon, problem solved. I put it on sides and top of where the ramps go in, 12" strips, you done need to do the entire length. The 1/2 fold down is heavy, way heavier than the slide out ramps.
Now irony of my GVWR Statement, 1,100 lb trailer, 218 lb dirt bike, LOL View attachment 646194
I am glad I went with the pull out ramps. Mine already does have some strips of rubber or something on the bottom ramp slides. Ill have to look into getting some for the sides and top. I didn't think they were too loud on the drive home, honestly I think the gate on my 6810 is just as loud. Its the full not bi-fold. Haha, yea That how im going to feel with just a 2 seat on mine for the time being :ROFLMAO:

61 - 66 of 66 Posts