Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I've seen them floating around the internet now, who has some more information on these? Toyo's website is pretty useless for the stats.

Interested in weight, ply, load rating, etc.

Anyone!? :grin

·
Registered
116 Posts
Ok, I've seen them floating around the internet now, who has some more information on these? Toyo's website is pretty useless for the stats.

Interested in weight, ply, load rating, etc.

Anyone!? :grin
Looks like this UTV Action article has most of info your looking for:

·
Registered
659 Posts
pricey

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
If you’ve ever owned Toyo tires before you’d know they’re probably some of the most well constructed tires money can buy. Even the big (35”+) mud terrains usually take very little weight to balance. I’m sure the UTV tires will be no different.

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
5,137 Posts
If you’ve ever owned Toyo tires before you’d know they’re probably some of the most well constructed tires money can buy. Even the big (35”+) mud terrains usually take very little weight to balance. I’m sure the UTV tires will be no different.
Very True, same with Nitto ( Toyo is the parent company to Nitto ). They’re very well made & great performing tires. They were both too late to the game for me with 32’s... and now I’ve moved up to 34’s, which I highly doubt they’ll ever make a bigger SXS tire than a 32 anytime soon, otherwise they’d be my first choice.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I run Toyo tires on my motorhome. Best tires I've ever run on it. My only two problems with their SxS entry is the one size (I run 30" and don't want to go bigger), but, my biggest issue is they aren't DOT tires. Here in AZ, we do a fair amount of paved road use getting to and from our trails and just general road use. Being street legal here, a lot of us treat our RZRs as " second cars" and I've found DOT tires to be much more sedate and controllable on asphalt.

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
5,137 Posts
I run Toyo tires on my motorhome. Best tires I've ever run on it. My only two problems with their SxS entry is the one size (I run 30" and don't want to go bigger), but, my biggest issue is they aren't DOT tires. Here in AZ, we do a fair amount of paved road use getting to and from our trails and just general road use. Being street legal here, a lot of us treat our RZRs as " second cars" and I've found DOT tires to be much more sedate and controllable on asphalt.
They make the Nitto in a 30, but again, not DOT. I was extremely surprised that Toyo, Nitto, and BFG all released non-DOT sxs tires, although, if it's not a legal requirement (even if it is), I'd still bet they have the same mannerism as DOT tires, just without the stamp.

·
Registered
11 Posts
That's a rather expensive gamble. I've run non- DOT tires and at speeds above 45, they tend to get twitchy on asphalt with my current build.

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
5,137 Posts
That's a rather expensive gamble. I've run non- DOT tires and at speeds above 45, they tend to get twitchy on asphalt with my current build.
Different machine, but I ran my non-dot pro armors up to 90+ on both asphalt and dirt and they were solid as could be.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You have a much longer wheelbase, inherently more stable at speed. On my two seater, the less squirm (@ 9 psi) of the DOT tires yields a much calmer tracking scenario. I'm great on rocks and sharp turns, but, not so much on high speed asphalt. Airing up and down gets old...there is a bunch of us retired folks that can be in the desert (Benson, AZ) at the slightest whim ?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I got a set today. Feel like a well built tire and not too heavy. Waiting on new wheels to show up and get them mounted. Only thing I don’t like is the lack of siping. May take a groover to them. Once I get them mounted up, I’ll post some feedback. We are a Toyo tire dealer so it was a much better price than online retailers.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Awesome, glad to see that they have some more info available now. Dangolbo, definitely keep us updated on the performance when you get a chance to play with them!

Didn't even realize that Nitto had joined the game as well. They certainly look similar although the Nitto's are 2 lbs lighter. Be interesting to see how they stack up to each other. Definitely going to be the two tires at the top of my list once my BFG's wear out.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Got mine mounted up tonight on a set of Ultra 15x6 beadlocks. They measure right at 31.5” tall. I’ll put them through some testing this weekend and figure out how to post pics

·
Registered
51 Posts
Got to put a few miles on them yesterday morning. Very impressed. Road handling was very good, didn't go over 35mph. Didn't drift or bounce at all. On wet dirt road, the grip was great. They hook up much better than I had anticipated. Went into a small rock garden to see how they grip and was very impressed. Only downside is the width of the tire. Probably a non factor, but they are skinny compared to most. Overall, I would say they are much better than the Mongrels and Fuel Gripper's I have been running.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Got to put a few miles on them yesterday morning. Very impressed. Road handling was very good, didn't go over 35mph. Didn't drift or bounce at all. On wet dirt road, the grip was great. They hook up much better than I had anticipated. Went into a small rock garden to see how they grip and was very impressed. Only downside is the width of the tire. Probably a non factor, but they are skinny compared to most. Overall, I would say they are much better than the Mongrels and Fuel Gripper's I have been running.
Please post photos!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts