Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a new toy hauler and one that caught my attention was the Pacific Coachworks Sand Sport. Anybody out there have one? If so what are your thoughts? With so many options out there I am open to all haulers, but as everyone knows you get what you pay for!

·
Registered
601 Posts
It's hard to find the one you want and when you do and buy it and a week later you find the same thing for a few grand cheaper. I looked for 2 month's used before saying fock it and bought a new 2012 Raptor. Loved the Layout and the 14 foot garage, Good luck on your search and take your time and it will pay off in the end.

·
Registered
5,685 Posts
You sure save a lot buying used. Take your time and find the toy hauler that you will not out grow with toys/family otherwise you will regret it and if you do change you will lose your ass on it.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Just bought a used one last night. Got a 2005 weekend warrior 32' with 21' of cargo space. In almost new condition. $12,000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I have bought 3 new toyhaulers and have hated everyone after the first year. I will never buy another new one. I know its nice to have a new one.

I would look at everything out there and make sure it's what you want and plan ahead if you are going to get more toys. Don't get something so small that you have to jam everything in like a puzzle it makes it a hassle same with going to large (like myself).

·
I am still 16 in my head!
1,947 Posts
Just sold our Toy Hauler and went back to a regular Fifth Wheel. Got tired of the stink inside and just pull the toys on a Trailer behind it as we used to do.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I was going to buy a Toy Hauler but the prices are ridiculous. So I am putting a hitch on the back of my Fith Wheel camper and putting my trailer behind it. Going to save me alot of coin and I dont have to deal with the fumes.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have bought 3 new toyhaulers and have hated everyone after the first year. I will never buy another new one. I know its nice to have a new one.

I would look at everything out there and make sure it's what you want and plan ahead if you are going to get more toys. Don't get something so small that you have to jam everything in like a puzzle it makes it a hassle same with going to large (like myself).
Why did you hate them after some time?
I have a fifth and a trailer behind and don't like the double towing.So I think I want a toy hauler. I guess I should reconsider but just wonder why.
The smell has always been a major concern but I figured I'd get one with a wall in between.
That still doesn't work?

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Why did you hate them after some time?
I have a fifth and a trailer behind and don't like the double towing.So I think I want a toy hauler. I guess I should reconsider but just wonder why.
The smell has always been a major concern but I figured I'd get one with a wall in between.
That still doesn't work?
I'm curious too! I'm not looking for a fifth wheel just a tow behind. It seems like all the major manufactures have nice quality haulers. Price is also a big concern. I don't want to deal with towing two trailers either.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Price is mostly the problem. The only ones I like are the Raptors because of the 14ft garage and my wife likes the finer camping life. But thats out of my price range and there as big as my doubles set up. I dont like hauling doubles but my fith wheel and trailer are payed for. I just wont get there as fast as I want to hauling doubles

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have a 2012 Cherokee grey wolf 21rr. it's a nice trailer and at 24', it's all the wife dog RZR and I need. 15,000 brand new in march.

213 Posts
Blow out with Tow Max ST 235/80R/16 on Cyclone 3800 TH (2nd one since March 3, 2012) along with resulting damage to fender and skirting.

Going to replace all with Goodyear G614 235/85R/16 along with a tire pressure monitoring system (Tire Minder).

Pricey option however I feel like its the best thing to do except for going to 17 inch tire and wheel.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
Don't understand the fumes issue.....I've had my 26ft Warrior since 2007 and have yet to have a fumes issue . Initially I put two quads in it. Sold my quad in 09, purchased my rzr and still no fumes......I don't store my toys in the Warrior.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Blow out with Tow Max ST 235/80R/16 on Cyclone 3800 TH (2nd one since March 3, 2012) along with resulting damage to fender and skirting.

Going to replace all with Goodyear G614 235/85R/16 along with a tire pressure monitoring system (Tire Minder).

Pricey option however I feel like its the best thing to do except for going to 17 inch tire and wheel.
That sucks! I have always felt that once you have a blowout you have compromised the other tires.

·
Registered
601 Posts

What would going to 17 inch tires accomplish. cooler tire because of size but cant think of anything else

·
Registered
601 Posts

guess I will be going to 17 if that is the cats meow

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have a Fuzion 322 fifth wheel toyhauler. I bought it in Dec. of 09 from Holman RV in Ohio at a great price. I have mine presold to upgrade for 3K less than I paid for it (pondering getting a 395 Fuzion with a 12' garage and second bathroom). They are not such a bad deal new if you buy them right. I dont have any issue with fumes. I am putting a hitch on the back to pull a Sea Doo now. These toyhaulers (Fuzion, Voltage, Raptors, Cyclones) are all nice. The quality is hit and miss even at this price range. So you either get an extended warranty or learn to wrench on them. I wouldn't have anything else.

·
Lake Mead Explorer
343 Posts
Looking for a new toy hauler and one that caught my attention was the Pacific Coachworks Sand Sport. Anybody out there have one? If so what are your thoughts? With so many options out there I am open to all haulers, but as everyone knows you get what you pay for!
Yeap, F285...We love it. Except, it had cheap CHICOM ST TOWMAX tires on it so I took it to Discount Tire with a total of two miles on it and $1400 later was rolling on a set of Michelin XPS ribs. I tow the speed limit here, 75mph all day long. Sleeps 6 comfortably.

We love this trailer. It has a 5k genset, two air conditioners, in floor heating, fueling station and plenty of capacity for liquids and payload.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts