Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Picked up my 2018 rzr xp1000 about a month ago and loving it. I do have a few questions about it. My right rear wheel is toed in pretty good at the top and was loose. I replaced the wheel bearings and seamed to tighten it up. I put ten miles on it since and noticed it’s toed in again. The wheel has no play. Is there a way to align the rear end without adjustable radius rods?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
The factory radius arms aren't really very strong. I had a rock eat one of mine on the first real trail I wheeled on.

Where you from?

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’m in central Indiana and the only place I’ve ridden since getting the machine is the badlands in Attica. (Only has the rzr for about a month) the bad side is the passenger side.

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Something is bent, but what? I would jack it up. Remove wheels and try to measure the rods on both sides. Could take them off and lay on top of each other to compare. Simple to take off. If not that, then really look over the hub for damage.

Sure others will have more help.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Not quite as easy to diagnose but a twisted trailing arm would also be a possibility

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
3,123 Posts
It’s hard to tell for sure, could just be the angle of the pic, but the upper passenger rear looks bent upward just outboard of the tapered area.

IMG_8834.jpg

-Give it a second... it had to go to space and back first ( Sent from the lifeline that is my iPhone XS Max )

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all. You guys are much more friendly than some other forums I’ve been in. I just swapped the hubs to see if maybe one was a bit looser than the other and the issue never moved sides. I never noticed the issue until I put the bumpers and 32s on. Machine only has 212 miles. I’ll give it a good look over and see if the trailing arm is twisted and pull the tire to get a good look at that radius rod. I’ll also get another wheel bearing to throw in that side to see if anything changes

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here are some pics of the rods. They seem straight to me, but I didn’t study them too hard.

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Probably my eyes and the way the picture was taken. But, it looks to me as if the brake rotor and caliper is not setting square with the rest of the machine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It has play just like it did before, feels just like a wheel bearing. I replaced them on both sides and feels just like it did before.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It went in like it should. I was thinking maybe the hub was a bit worn is why I switched sides really quick and didn’t change a thing

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
To me from the pics it looks like your passenger side trailing arm is bent.

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
This very well could just be the angle of the picture. But look at the passenger side trailing arm in relation to the upper radius rod, and how much of the trailing arm you can see where the axle goes into the hub. From the picture looking down the trailing arm on the passenger side it looks like it’s rolled down versus the driver side. Is it doing this because the trailing arm is bent or is it a radius rod causing it to turn IDK? I would take the radius rods and roll them on a flat surface. And take the trailing arms off and set them on the table see how true they are.

View attachment 582086
View attachment 582088

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I’ve narrowed it down to only two things. The wheel bearing has play in it or the bearing carrier is slightly larger than the bearing slowing for play. The wheel sits straight after you let the jack down.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So I finally got around to fixing the issue. I forgot they upgraded the radius rod bolts in 2018 to 12mm. Superatv sent me a bumper to except the smaller radius rod bolts, allowing play in the arduous rods. I drilled out the bumper and no more angled wheels

1 - 19 of 19 Posts