Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi my name is aaron im a new member to the forum. i live on the kenai peninsula in Alaska. i recently purchased a rzr copy by hi sun. i know what your all thinking.... chinese junk and it doesnt belong on this forum. well im not new to the world of 4X4, and im pretty mechanicaly inclined. so im confident if it breaks i can probably fix it. befor i started looking at the hi sun i went to the local polaris dealer and took a close look at the rzr 800, then i saw the price tag, and me being the lowly mechanic in the shop, cant afford to pay 10,000+ for a new machine i started looking for used. one problem people in alaska are really proud of their used and abused toys. then on craigslist i found the hi sun advertised as being rzr copy with a rotax copy motor. it was used with 150 miles and after doing some reaserch on forums and calling other dealers down south, lower 48, i decided to take an up close look. there are alot of design differences but they look like pretty solid machines. it runs great! and its pretty darn quick. the speed says 65 and its pretty close with the wife tailing me in the truck. and it came with walker evans shocks although they are set up for a 4 seater rhino, and a snorkel allready installed. well this is becoming a long intruduction. so im gona cut it short.

·
Banned
5,672 Posts
welcome, im new here too but cant fix much.

dont know if you heard but im thinking of taking over Polaris. we will need guys who are mechanically inclined and can probably fix stuff.

can you work with a panda?

all in good fun...... welcome

·
Registered
839 Posts
Welcome and enjoy your ride no matter what it is. Just ride.

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
First of all welcome. Second of all!! There is a green Rzr listed on craigslist for 6999 or 7999, check it out, the prices are dropping because they just announced the dividend this morning... Almost $1,300 for every man women and child resident, we have a family of three so that's almost 4k going into my bank accept oct 7th!!! HOLD OUT

How many family members do you have, I remember the year before last, the dividend was almost $2567.00 + a $600 per person tax waiver thingy, we got 10k deposited oct 7th just for living here

For those who don't know, alaska has a deal with the oil companies and the state invests that money in the stock market and every year the profits are split amongs every man woman and child who are Alaskan residents... Call it what you want..... It's free money, I didn't do anything for it, but I'm sure going to spend it... Now that's a stimulus,

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i put some photos in my profile thing. got no kids and our dividends are going to new tires for our trucks.

·
I just wanna ride
3,641 Posts
One mechanic to another Welcome to the forum
I don't think there are too many RZR snobs here.
If you love to ride that's all that counts.
Good luck with your hi sun

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
i put some photos in my profile thing. got no kids and our dividends are going to new tires for our trucks.
I hear you on that, one of the few places you live that you need two sets, One for winter and one for "get ready for winter" seasons..

·
Registered
386 Posts
First of all welcome. Second of all!! There is a green Rzr listed on craigslist for 6999 or 7999, check it out, the prices are dropping because they just announced the dividend this morning... Almost $1,300 for every man women and child resident, we have a family of three so that's almost 4k going into my bank accept oct 7th!!! HOLD OUT

How many family members do you have, I remember the year before last, the dividend was almost $2567.00 + a $600 per person tax waiver thingy, we got 10k deposited oct 7th just for living here

For those who don't know, alaska has a deal with the oil companies and the state invests that money in the stock market and every year the profits are split amongs every man woman and child who are Alaskan residents... Call it what you want..... It's free money, I didn't do anything for it, but I'm sure going to spend it... Now that's a stimulus,
SSHHHH! don't tell anyone about that, we don't want them to move up here for free money:shhh::shhh::shhh:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts