Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i just bought a new 2011 rzr red/white LE and was just wanting some basic important info from the experienced guys.

I just want to know things like what needs to be replaced cause of bad factory design, and some simple easy mods that can be done right away, and some good mods for the future. thanks

here are a couple questions i can think of.

1. oil consumption?
2. bad air filter/box?
3. sway arms on or off?
4. suspension. what LT kits to look at?
5. intake systems?
6. exhaust systems?
7. and what tuners/programmers for better exhaust?

and anyother major fixes or mods you guys can think of that i left out.

thanks in advance for any help from you guys.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Welcome and I wouldn't take sway bars off with stock shocks

·
Registered
3 Posts
welcome.. I agree keep the swaybars on if your not running long travel. I really like the sound of the looney tuned dual exhaust but if your looking for big power gains go w/ a turbo because it comes with intake, exhaust, & fuel managment. Here is a link to some really cool pics i found of long travel http://www.rzrforums.net/glamis-sto...ll-racing-10-long-travel-olds-china-wall.html
I have seen the ron woods intake setup for the price i would say study it and have someone make it for you or try it yourself doesnt look bad if you have the right tools.
hope this helps y'all out

·
King of crash!
31,881 Posts
check befor you get anything for it...2011 have alot of changes and nobody knows what all fits and doesnt... the headlights are diff..

·
Registered
932 Posts
Welcome to the site. Your going to want to look at some harnesses too, the stock seat belts are a pain.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
welcome.. I agree keep the swaybars on if your not running long travel. I really like the sound of the looney tuned dual exhaust but if your looking for big power gains go w/ a turbo because it comes with intake, exhaust, & fuel managment. Here is a link to some really cool pics i found of long travel http://www.rzrforums.net/glamis-sto...ll-racing-10-long-travel-olds-china-wall.html
I have seen the ron woods intake setup for the price i would say study it and have someone make it for you or try it yourself doesnt look bad if you have the right tools.
hope this helps y'all out
thanks for the info guys. im gonna stay away from the turbo setup i dont wanna go with that much money into the engine.
what are some good longtravel kits for the price
and what fuel managment programmers go good with exhaust?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Congrats on your new RZR. There are really no major fixes right out of the box that need to be addressed other than possibly the air box/filter/throttle boot. I would be concerned with protecting that new precious power plant first and foremost. Not sure what if any improvements they have made in this area on the new ones. Take her out a few times and then start deciding on what upgrades are important to you based on where your riding. Enjoy! JMO

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what do i need to do about the intake and t/b boot? i do want to take care of this thing. I took it out to the dessert this weekend and i love it. im used to riding quads and what not and this thing of a cadilac compared, i got home with no pain haha.

im gonna mainly use it at the dessert a little and goin to the dunes. The things that are important to me are suspension, and a good sounding exhaust with a little more power but still reliable. i dont need to make it a race sidexside cause ive had and raced quads and now i just want something that can go everywhere in the dunes and ride nice while doing it.

what are some good lt kits for ride and what are some good intake/exhaust/ efi-cdi box combos. again not looking for insane power but just something with enough go go to take on all dunes.

·
Registered
311 Posts
If you do a search on air box leaks or throttle boot, you'll see alot of discussion on fine dust getting past the stock intake filter and finding it in the throttle body or intake boot. Many have had problems and replaced the whole air box with an UMP brand or DFR etc. to eliminate this problem. Others have had no problems with the stock air box/filter setup. Worth reading up on this subject. This has probably been the single most common problem that alot of RZR owners have shared. I am unsure if any improvements have been made to the newer models.

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
what are some good longtravel kits for the price
and what fuel managment programmers go good with exhaust?
DSL....Why didn't you just buy the "S" model if you're going to immediately pull the whole suspension off? The HO in the Standard RZR should run pretty good as is. I'd let it break-in a bit and loosen up before you spend a bunch of money on parts. And as said earlier, the '11 has different heads and fuel managment system. Think you should wait a bit and see what comes of it all.

I pulled the entire airbox out down to the throttle body on my '11. It is very solid and has been confirmed by others to have been changed by the factory (posted pictures here of the new setup). There no way mine is coming off, or allowing air to leak past the boot. I'd pull it off and check for yourself. If you want a different filter that might be something to look at. I see no issues with the factory box on my '11 or the connecting boot to the TB. Your and others opinions may differ.

·
Registered
706 Posts
You wont get any gains like you do with a quad from exhaust, intake and fuel controllers. its sad but true :rm_thumbdown:

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
Hey guys i just bought a new 2011 rzr red/white LE and was just wanting some basic important info from the experienced guys.

I just want to know things like what needs to be replaced cause of bad factory design, and some simple easy mods that can be done right away, and some good mods for the future. thanks

1. oil consumption?
2. bad air filter/box?
3. sway arms on or off?
5. intake systems?
6. exhaust systems?

1. oil consumption? Check it every ride and during the ride.

2. bad air filter/box? DRF intake is the best bet.

3. sway arms on or off? Leave the bars on unless you go with some good c/o's

4. suspension. what LT kits to look at? Look at the Racertech kits, if you want "S" width, there is a plus 5 kit that has no rival. They also build awesome +3 and +6 kits.

5. intake systems? DFR (Dragon Fire Racing)

6. exhaust systems? Dual's you want to look at DMC or the Two bro's Triple. Singles, go with the ITI ( has an x pipe, great flow)

7. and what tuners/programmers for better exhaust? Power Commander V or the ITI ecm flash.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
242 Posts
I bought a new one as well just a couple of weeks ago. I did a lift of 2" on it as the bottom was dragging through the rocks, I put in two batteries as I am running lights and a VHF radio in it and did not want to be surprised in the deep wilderness with a dead battery some day. New skid plate installed as stock was cheezy but other than that, it works like it supposed to. :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

1. oil consumption?
2. bad air filter/box?
3. sway arms on or off?
5. intake systems?
6. exhaust systems?

1. oil consumption? Check it every ride and during the ride.

2. bad air filter/box? DRF intake is the best bet.

3. sway arms on or off? Leave the bars on unless you go with some good c/o's

4. suspension. what LT kits to look at? Look at the Racertech kits, if you want "S" width, there is a plus 5 kit that has no rival. They also build awesome +3 and +6 kits.

5. intake systems? DFR (Dragon Fire Racing)

6. exhaust systems? Dual's you want to look at DMC or the Two bro's Triple. Singles, go with the ITI ( has an x pipe, great flow)

7. and what tuners/programmers for better exhaust? Power Commander V or the ITI ecm flash.

Hope this helps!
wow great info. do you know if those exhaust kits come with the wide band sensor port already in the exhaust?

·
Registered
571 Posts
I say first thing is safety I recommend a good set of 4 or 5 point harness. The stock belts are not safe imo for off road use.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts