Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought a 2016 570. It has Walker Evans shocks front and rear. I noticed the sway bar front and rear are disconnected. Today, here in Central New York there is a couple inches of snow on the ground. So I took machine out in field behind my house and was trying to whip the rear end around. Maybe its in my head but I felt I could feel the entire cab leaning. Which would make sense as the sway bars are disconnected!

Most of my riding will be on a straight whooped railbed. And then some slow technical trails where it will probably be in low. Should I worry about the sway bars being disconnected? From what I've read I can also adjust my shocks. Does tightening the spring pressure help?

And I'm impressed with the 570 on my limited time with it. Surprisingly snappy!

·
Premium Member
7,060 Posts
Just attach the rear sway bar and try again.

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't have the linkage!

Not sure I'll need them with the type of riding I plan on doing. Doing donuts in the snow won't be happening much!

Was just wondering the pros and cons of having both front and rear disconnected.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have never had either front or rear sway bars attached on my rzr and have never felt the need to put them on. You won't be doing any high speed cornering with them off but they ride alot better on slow technical trails without the bars on.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well the good thing is the previous owner just gave a box of goodies that he forgot he had. The original sway bar linkages were in there! So if I don't like the way it handles I can reinstall the linkages and it won't cost me anything!

By the way, my internet research says most people go with keeping the rear connected and the front disconnected. Seems to be a happy medium.

·
Vandal
676 Posts
Well the good thing is the previous owner just gave a box of goodies that he forgot he had. The original sway bar linkages were in there! So if I don't like the way it handles I can reinstall the linkages and it won't cost me anything!

By the way, my internet research says most people go with keeping the rear connected and the front disconnected. Seems to be a happy medium.
Chances are the rear sway bar links will have to stay off.. Sometimes the resovoirs will hit the rear sway bar and you have to disconnect it to run Piggyback shocks on the rear. My Yearben piggyback shocks hit the rear sway bar so it had to be disconnected to run the shocks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Walker Evans on the rear have a hose connected to the resovoirs. They are connected to the frame. But I never thought I'd have trouble reinstalling the rear sway bar. Thanks for the heads up!

Anyone know which linkage goes in the back? Is it longer or shorter than the front?!

·
Registered
588 Posts
I have my front and rear sway bars removed and like how it handles much better. Most of the trails I'm on are big rocks and you can't drive very fast. If I drove fast often, I think I would hook the rear back up.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Cav.

I have to ride about 15 miles of old railbed to get anywhere. Typically around 30-40 mph I would think. Slower where its whopped out. The rest of the trails around my house are slow technical, wet. I figure I'll install the rear now, if I don't like it I can take out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts