Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have 1/2 worn ITP Terracross R/Ts that are 26 8 14 on front & 26 11 14 on rear. I have sliced a sidewall on the front right. I would like to get the Pitbull Rockers but they are 26.5 9 14 for the front. Leaving the rear Terracross on & adding the Pitbulls to the front. This would probably be an inch to 1 1/2" difference in height. My guess is that would mess up the transfercase. Hate to get rid of 2 decent tires just to change brands. Any thoughts, would this destroy the transfercase?

·
Just kidding!
10,757 Posts
It will be hard on it.Also the diffs. will take a beating.My buddy had mud terrains on his AWD jeep he bought 2 new tires and left 2 old one's on.The diffrence in size smoked the front diff. pinion bearing. I would imagine the same could happen to the rzr.

·
Geezer with Joey
519 Posts
It will be hard on it.Also the diffs. will take a beating.My buddy had mud terrains on his AWD jeep he bought 2 new tires and left 2 old one's on.The diffrence in size smoked the front diff. pinion bearing. I would imagine the same could happen to the rzr.
Steve, or anyone, Will the fact that the RZR is "on demand" and not locked mitigate that danger?

·
Just kidding!
10,757 Posts
Steve, or anyone, Will the fact that the RZR is "on demand" and not locked mitigate that danger?
You might be right.I didnt think of the fact that the front only engages after the rear slips.Good point!

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As long as I don't put the AWD on it should be fine. I don't want to limit my driving because of a couple tires. My guess is to by all four and sell the 1/2 worn rears. Any takers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts