Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay it's been eating at me ever since I put the 28s on that I wanted 30s so today I bit the bullet I ended up with system three RT 320 tires on system 3 real beadlocks this is the way this machine should have been from the factory the only complaint I have is the 6 plus 1 offset on the wheels I'd much prefer the 5/2 so my end up running some small spacers on it

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Looks great Jeff. A modest spacer may help with a balanced stance If the offset on your kit doesn’t account for it. For me, I wouldn’t do more than 1.5” on a (quality) spacer...keep the extra loads on the bearings and hubs to a minimum. Did you offset the a-arms to stretch the wheelbase? check my PM...let’s ride.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did not do offset arms but am considering doing them.I have put them in my cart at Superatv bunches of times but not hit the checkout button!

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Lol. It’s a bit spendy, especially if you include the rhino rear axles.. Maybe ride it a bit and see

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I try not to get ahead of myself but just can't help it sometimes! Definetly want to ride with the new setup to see how she handles.also want to do a B+M shifter

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
I thought about a gated shifter but I almost never get into a position where I am slamming between F and R....I‘d only cringe and think I’m beating the crap out of it! I spent some $ on the heat blocking stuff and Dynomat and enjoy less dust and a cooler/quieter cabin. I can actually use the cup holders without boiling my water!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
less dust and cooler cabin would be better.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
got to test the new tires and rims out and everything worked great the only issue I would see is if you got into real severe nasty mud.After riding with the 30's I dont feel any need to reclutch.Probably the biggest issue would be loss of stance due to the 6+1 wheel offset.When I get to ride my local trail where I really fly around the corners will determine if I need spacers

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
what is your width now? Are you under 60”?

also- think you might make it To Rock Run this week? Five of us will be there Thursday to Friday. I have you listed on our reservation, let me know!

·
Registered
76 Posts
How's the 30" tires doing any rubbing , do you feel any power loss, or acceleration loss. Clutching still good?
Thanks

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No rubbing at all.I did just put front offset arms on but had the 30's before the arms with no issues.The only time I really noticed any power loss was in high range.I ride in low range most of the time and have no issues with lack of power or acceleration.This machine should have come out of the factory with at least 29's.

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Sweet! Question: what did you add to the rear fenders to keep the trail-snot from flying into the buggy? I'm looking for something that looks like it should be there...seen a lot of DIY’s that are pretty rough.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I bought the material at menards about $30 a sheet
Made templates from thin cardboard then copied to the material and cut it out and bent it with a small 4' sheet metal break I have(you could bend it using whatever you can to make straight bends) material in pics with upc sticker same stuff aftermarket people make their fender flares from

Attachments

1 - 20 of 40 Posts