Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is two new members (Canity 78) and (eantry)who are pulling up old/recent threads and taking a line out of an answer and re posting it as if they are saying it.

Doug

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
There is two new members (Canity 78) and (eantry)who are pulling up old/recent threads and taking a line out of an answer and re posting it as if they are saying it.

Doug
Doolin2 you got a nose like an old hound dog. Their are three with the same signature

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All the same person I believe.
I wish there was a Spammer elimination button.
I hate spammers!

Doug

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Frank maybe we need a place to post/report them to when we spot them.
Some people may not realize they are responding to them.

Doug

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Im new to internet(this year ) is there a short explanation of what they are doing? I thought spam was advertisers?

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im new to internet(this year ) is there a short explanation of what they are doing? I thought spam was advertisers?
It initially was just used for that.
Now especially on forums or social networking it can also include Irrelevant or Inappropriate messages.
At least this is how it was explained to me when I got onto forums years ago.
Now there are also "Trolls",this is a whole different "Pest" on a forum.

Doug

·
Administrator
50,343 Posts
They post links in their threads ,The links can have all kinds of Advertisements ,tracking cookies ,virus etc .Do not open the links report them .the bulk of them come from China and Pakistan :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
They also game the system by influencing Google result rankings, since Google's algorithms factor in the number of sites pointing back to the spammer's site.

·
Premium Member
4,381 Posts
Frank maybe we need a place to post/report them to when we spot them.
Some people may not realize they are responding to them.

Doug
There is a way to do this. Look at the upper right corner of the post box and click on the little square with the "!" in it. Click it and write "spam" in it. Works fast every time.
You can usually tell pretty quick what they are doing mostly due to their immaculate command of the english language. :rofl3:

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There is a way to do this. Look at the upper right corner of the post box and click on the little square with the "!" in it. Click it and write "spam" in it. Works fast every time.
You can usually tell pretty quick what they are doing mostly due to their immaculate command of the english language. :rofl3:[/QUOTE]

I bleeve ur ryte!:rofl3:

Doug

1 - 13 of 13 Posts