Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2021 RZR 570 trail and have been thinking about putting new shocks on it for a better ride and to get more ground clearance. Can anyone recommend shocks that won’t break the bank and also how much more ground clearance can I expect to gain from new shocks.
thanks for any advice you can give.

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
570 Trail 900trail 900 xc 55” Rzr it’s impossible to get a better ride but you can accomplish more ground clearance with larger diameter tires and shock Adjustment equals rough ride. not enough shock travel to get a plush ride, next thing to do for a better ride is to get a set of suspension seats my$0.02

·
Registered
12 Posts
I absolutely disagree. It is 100% possible to get a better ride with new shocks. Granted, you’ll never get as good as a wider machine but it’s very misleading to say there is no room for improvement. I added Zbroz Exit shocks and it definitely made a great improvement in the ride. With the preload turned up about 2/3, I gained close to 2”. They aren’t cheap, though. I’ve read good reviews about Yearbens shocks and there’s a guy on Facebook who is selling them new for $200 plus shipping. At that price, I’d give it a shot.

·
Registered
257 Posts
The ride can definitely be improved on 50 inch rzrs/ Shocks will help a bunch. also remove front swaybar, new tires, run as low of tire pressure you can.

·
Registered
74 Posts
570 Trail 900trail 900 xc 55” Rzr it’s impossible to get a better ride but you can accomplish more ground clearance with larger diameter tires and shock Adjustment equals rough ride. not enough shock travel to get a plush ride, next thing to do for a better ride is to get a set of suspension seats my$0.02

This isnt close to being true. 3rd party shocks and especially new springs help tremendously with quality of ride. Stock springs on 570 are to put it politely not good. Stock shocks aren't much better. In my case my stock springs started sagging within weeks of buying my 2020 rzr 570 last summer. Due to sagging I was losing ground clearance seemingly every week. In addition I was being bounced around cab like a ping pong ball. I tried adjusting shocks to get more ground clearance, but of course that also made ride even stiffer. I tried disconnecting front sway bar with stock shocks and myself personally I didnt like feel of the ride, had way too much body roll in turns, I felt like I was going to tip ( disclaimer here many people with 570 get used to this and ride stock shocks with front sway bar disconnected) . .

In frustration I bit the bullet and coughed up the 1 grand for new set of Bandit trail series shocks-- well it was a revelation- new springs restored my ground clearance. Ride was so much more stable I tried removing front sway bar, 570 had way less body roll and felt completely comfortable. In short combination of better springs, better shocks gave me abilty to feel comfortable removing front sway bar- the ride was 10x better.

Don't get me wrong you are not going to duplicate the ride of a 70 inch plus machine . But you can improve the quality of the stock ride tremendously. And while I cant get the ride of a 70 plus inch ride, I can go plenty of places those machines cant- a worthwhile tradeoff for me and reason why I went to 50 inch platform in first place.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have a 2021 RZR 570 trail and have been thinking about putting new shocks on it for a better ride and to get more ground clearance. Can anyone recommend shocks that won’t break the bank and also how much more ground clearance can I expect to gain from new shocks.
thanks for any advice you can give.
I can only give you my experience with 2020 570- it comes stock with supposedly 11 inches of ground clearance. I do a lot of trail riding, so first thing I did was replace stock tires, they are only about 24.5 inches tall and are 4 ply ( not ideal on rocky terrain) I wanted a more durable tire, but didnt want to add to much weight or size to affect performance too much. My selection was 26 inch big Horns. ( 26.3 inches tall) I had no rubbings issues and gained almost an inch of ground clearance. Put me up to a hair over 11 inches of clearance. Well as I documented above, stock springs started sagging and within 2 months I was down to 10.5 inches ground clearance and losing clearance by the week. . Bought the bandits, they immediately restored my lost ground clearance back up to 11.25. . adjusted the bandits up an half inch and I now have 11.75 inches of ground clearance- I have no lift. So I have decent ground clearance and a ride 10x better than stock- a win all around for me - depending on your riding conditions and expectations your experience may differ- but that's my story

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can only give you my experience with 2020 570- it comes stock with supposedly 11 inches of ground clearance. I do a lot of trail riding, so first thing I did was replace stock tires, they are only about 24.5 inches tall and are 4 ply ( not ideal on rocky terrain) I wanted a more durable tire, but didnt want to add to much weight or size to affect performance too much. My selection was 26 inch big Horns. ( 26.3 inches tall) I had no rubbings issues and gained almost an inch of ground clearance. Put me up to a hair over 11 inches of clearance. Well as I documented above, stock springs started sagging and within 2 months I was down to 10.5 inches ground clearance and losing clearance by the week. . Bought the bandits, they immediately restored my lost ground clearance back up to 11.25. . adjusted the bandits up an half inch and I now have 11.75 inches of ground clearance- I have no lift. So I have decent ground clearance and a ride 10x better than stock- a win all around for me - depending on your riding conditions and expectations your experience may differ- but that's my story

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all for the information. I was just looking in to buying 26” big horn tires and I adjusted my spring tension up 2 notches. I’m deciding on different shocks. I reached out to bandit but they are currently retooling their line, I guess every few years the introduce new product. I may try to contact someone from Fox, I think they make something along the lines on the bandit trail.

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Thank you all for the information. I was just looking in to buying 26” big horn tires and I adjusted my spring tension up 2 notches. I’m deciding on different shocks. I reached out to bandit but they are currently retooling their line, I guess every few years the introduce new product. I may try to contact someone from Fox, I think they make something along the lines on the bandit trail.
Call super ATV their vendors on this forum and tell them what you want to do with your machine.
SuperATV
Vendor Vendor Subforum

·
Registered
82 Posts
All I did was add spacers to my stock springs and one size taller tire when I replaced them...gained about 2".
Never had issues with springs "sagging" either. I just wanted a little more height on the cheap and it's been fine.

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
All I did was add spacers to my stock springs and one size taller tire when I replaced them...gained about 2".
Never had issues with springs "sagging" either. I just wanted a little more height on the cheap and it's been fine.
[/QUOTE Next you should try suspension seats 100% better ride. On my 2015 900 xc. My two cents.

·
Registered
82 Posts
[/QUOTE Next you should try suspension seats 100% better ride. On my 2015 900 xc. My two cents.

I'm pretty much finished with mods or changes to my 570. Its just ride it and maintain it. :cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts