Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
just come across this new section for disabled modifacations. I've lost my lower part of my leg which is'nt as bad as it could of been but my only problem is that i seem to get way to crazy on my rzr and only to find out that if you get in to trouble that i'm gonna be out all by myself. not a good feeling

·
AZ Pete
345 Posts
just come across this new section for disabled modifacations. I've lost my lower part of my leg which is'nt as bad as it could of been but my only problem is that i seem to get way to crazy on my rzr and only to find out that if you get in to trouble that i'm gonna be out all by myself. not a good feeling
Keep it up!

My brother reminds me often that one can become bear bait very quickly. LoL..

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
Thank you for coming up with this section.
My name is Donny and I love the freedom my four wheeler use to give me,in 2007 I had an industrial accident where I had a 600 pound drop from about four feet and crushed my arm and at the same time instsnt reaction pulled back and ripped my hand and lower arm off thank God for Doctor's they attached it and it works not the best but it does move it is very weak but it is there anyway the worst thing about this is that I have not ridden anything since and I swear that is almost the worst thing about this expieriance
I am currently saving my money so I can purchase a polaris rzr s but it will still take a little while so it gives me something to look forward to. When I do buy one should I install
power sterring or is one hand ok to use.
It would make your day a lot easer with the EPS installed. It worth every $$$
x2, The EPS changes everything.. When I was Blown up, my ribs seperated off my spine. A few healed, the rest had to be cut out (compramised the lungs).. If I am not wearing my body brace im like one of those rubber wiggle dolls, I just fall over:D.. It makes driving impossible w/o EPS, Now my tolerance is slowly building up..But as winter is now here in Alaska and the suns only up a few hours I dont ride unless its to push snow..

·
Registered
203 Posts
x3. i had a stroke and cant use my right arm and the eps is the greatest mod you can do.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm a C-5-6 Quad I gust bought a Rzr 4 800 that i plan to modify and build a custom passenger seat on a 75 degree angle of tilt and cairn lift off rear roll-cage to lift me in. sadly I do not have full function of my hands.

·
Registered
6,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Please keep us posted on your build and let us know if you have any questions or need help solving an issue with it. We want to see you getting out and enjoying the trails in your RZR :)

·
Registered
870 Posts
my neighbor is paralized from the waist down. I would love to take him riding in the Colorado rockies. Any suggestions or pics on modifications? I have RPR suspension seats that seem to keep my legs together du to there high sides. I was thinking some kind of fabbed hoist set up,off the roll cage.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The best thing to do is talk to your buddy and ask him what he thinks about the problem. I'm a para and I figured out how to transfer into and out of my '13 rzr xp 900 by myself. It was pretty easy with stock seats but got tougher with seats much like your PRP's. I'm 70 years old and have arthritis in my shoulders, if your buddy is younger he may well be able to do this on his own. This will depend a lot on the way your rzr is set up. Is your ride height stock? Do you have an after market roll cage that may have a lower profile than the stock one? If nothing else you can probably put a large loop in one end of a 2 inch nylon strap put it around his body under his arms and then run it over the roll cage and use your body weight to give him the extra lift he needs. The seat itself should be fine . It would be best if you have shoulder harnesses. most of us don't have much use of our trunk muscles and the extra stability give us more control.. Good Luck!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm a C-5-6 Quad I gust bought a Rzr 4 800 that i plan to modify and build a custom passenger seat on a 75 degree angle of tilt and cairn lift off rear roll-cage to lift me in. sadly I do not have full function of my hands.
I'm a c-45 quad myself I'd like to see the modifications that you've done. Right now I'm just sitting in the stock seats haven't had much right time yet but it is definitely more comfortable than my Ranger was and a lot easier to get in and out of

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
870 Posts
I'm a c-45 quad myself I'd like to see the modifications that you've done. Right now I'm just sitting in the stock seats haven't had much right time yet but it is definitely more comfortable than my Ranger was and a lot easier to get in and out of

Thanks for all the info. I do have the stock roll cage, and the idea of a strap attached is a great idea. He is in his 30's. My PRP seats really support the hips and i noticed keep my legs together. His assitant and I will get him in my razer im sure!

·
Registered
19 Posts

Thanks for all the info. I do have the stock roll cage, and the idea of a strap attached is a great idea. He is in his 30's. My PRP seats really support the hips and i noticed keep my legs together. His assitant and I will get him in my razer im sure!
Which model seats are you using? I'm a bigger guy 6' 3" I'm not exactly skinny are the PRP seats a little bit wider in the hips?

21 - 32 of 32 Posts