Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased my rzr pro xp4 premium and couldn't be happier, bought it from Karl Malone Polaris in Utah and gonna have it shipped to Wa state. First upgrade will be a cage for sure. For those of you that have em what are some other upgrades to look into?

·
Registered
147 Posts
If you dont mind what did you pay otd?

Brick City Fab here in Arizona has one sick looking cage for the pro if you want to look into that. Definetely need lights if you plan on running at all at night. GPS is a great thing to have too.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
635 Posts
Winch, if you plan on doing much night riding a pair of front facing Led cube lights, a rear facing light, and an interior light are quite helpful.

not a priority but rock blockers for the trailing arms significantly reduce paint chipping on the arms

·
Registered
348 Posts
Power, charge tube, exhaust, intake, big injectors, and a couple of tunes! The power these are capable of is impressive

Of course a stage 3 clutch kit as well

·
Registered
635 Posts
Which windshield are you guys running I have a SATV full poly non vent windshield. ? first time I drove mine since it warmed up and there was a ton of heat trapped around my feet and legs and felt like a hairdryer coming out of the shifter.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm running the Polaris full glass windshield and the heat is killing us too. I tried to block with with some foam but no luck. I've heard that if you run a vented or half windshield that it will help.

We have not touched the engine yet. That is next. For now we've installed the Warn AXON 55-S winch with their bumper - Created a complete winch rigging kit from Factor55 - BajaDesigns light bar - Chainsaw mount - and of course a cooler for pop. We enjoy the mountains and it not uncommon to have a tree fall down between you and the pick-up or stop you from getting to your destination. There is still a lot to get. Our next thing to focus on will be a full skid plate, added clearance and larger tires.

@Shhhway for your engine mods what exactly did you do? I see your exhaust. With so many options out there I like to ask around. The crappy thing we have to be worried about is that we have ours street legal and enjoy driving through our small community and getting to the dunes. I fear if the exhaust is too much louder than stock my older, less understanding neighbors might get annoyed. Normally I wouldn't care but all my kids ride around too and their bikes are not legal. Trying not to wake the dragons ha

·
Registered
348 Posts
I'm running the Polaris full glass windshield and the heat is killing us too. I tried to block with with some foam but no luck. I've heard that if you run a vented or half windshield that it will help.

We have not touched the engine yet. That is next. For now we've installed the Warn AXON 55-S winch with their bumper - Created a complete winch rigging kit from Factor55 - BajaDesigns light bar - Chainsaw mount - and of course a cooler for pop. We enjoy the mountains and it not uncommon to have a tree fall down between you and the pick-up or stop you from getting to your destination. There is still a lot to get. Our next thing to focus on will be a full skid plate, added clearance and larger tires.

@Shhhway for your engine mods what exactly did you do? I see your exhaust. With so many options out there I like to ask around. The crappy thing we have to be worried about is that we have ours street legal and enjoy driving through our small community and getting to the dunes. I fear if the exhaust is too much louder than stock my older, less understanding neighbors might get annoyed. Normally I wouldn't care but all my kids ride around too and their bikes are not legal. Trying not to wake the dragons ha
My RZR is street legal as well. I went with the HMF Titan QS it is the quiet version and is not bad at all.
For engine mods I did all Aftermarket Assassins. Stage 3 clutch kit, entire intake including pre and after filter.Charge tube, and big injectors(1200cc) I am running a stage 4 tune daily and when I go to the Dunes I run the stage 6 on e85 fuel. Love it!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
My RZR is street legal as well. I went with the HMF Titan QS it is the quiet version and is not bad at all.
For engine mods I did all Aftermarket Assassins. Stage 3 clutch kit, entire intake including pre and after filter.Charge tube, and big injectors(1200cc) I am running a stage 4 tune daily and when I go to the Dunes I run the stage 6 on e85 fuel. Love it!!!
Thanks for the info. I'll take a look at Aftermarket Assassins. Thanks a lot for the additional homework :) Appreciate the help.

·
Registered
40 Posts
No worries, ask for Mike at AM, awesome products and customer support!!! Enjoy!!!
OH MY HECK, this company is amazing. In their description of the STAGE 3 LOCK & LOAD KIT they say the follow: "Tuning, clutching and exhaust on the PXP go together like high powered rifles and tannerite." Fun times have been had with that combo. I may or may not have 20 lbs of that laying around my house somewhere. haha

Thanks again for the suggestion.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Off topic, sorry...

@Shhhway, Im looking at getting that lock and ride bed storage for my pro xp. Do you think a yeti will fit behind it? I was going to get the one that goes in the rear.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts