Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just upgraded from an 04 Sportsman 700 to a 09 rzr 800. It only had 8 hours on it when I got it. I am in need of more ground clearance. I turned up the shocks as high as they will go. Everything is stock at this point. I would like to keep the stock wheels for now but would like to add taller tires. I trail ride a pretty good bit consisting of both mud holes as well as rocks. I would like max ground clearance without giving up much power and have grip for various terrains. Any suggestions?

·
King of crash!
31,882 Posts
their are alot of 2 or 3 in lift out here...go look at the vendors for some....i know i see roteck and supper atv brought up alot

·
Old West Reenactor
498 Posts
Welcome....

·
Registered
191 Posts
You could go to a 26" tire, and maybe a 2-3"lift. You'll also want to invest in a UHMW skid plate if you don't have one already. The stock one is worthless for rocks/woods.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone new to the site and new to polaris. I just sold a 2007 Suzuki King Quad 700 and know I own a 2011 Polaris rzr 800 camo. It has a j strong windshield roof and 27" zillas on black 212s. What are some must do's to the rzr. Thanks for any replys.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Welcome to the best forum on your computer. I am suggesting only, the first thing you need is a skid plate for the entire underside of the RZR. Do not get an aluminum skid plate it is a waste of money get a composite one. The next thing is a lift kit, I suggest a 3" from ROK TEK or air suspension from Legand Air. Air suspension is pricey but worth the investment.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts