Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2010 base RZR. I have been riding dirt bikes and ATVs for the last couple years. The wife hit a stump on her ATV and the front wheels came off the ground and completely freaked her out. I just traded two ATVs and a dirt bike in for this beast. We went out riding in Lake County on West side of the state and put 220 miles on it in two days. I just put a Warn XT30 winch on it and it still needs some farkling. Say does anyone have any suggestions, looking for cheap after blowing my wad on this toy. Also does anyone know what makes the 2011 a HO engine? I was thinking it may just be CDI mapping so with an aftermarket CDI or buying one I might get the same. Any input would be appreciated.

It also says not to go in water deeper than the floor board? You've got to be kidding! Looks like the air intake is between the driver and passenger about neck high/back of the bed.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Welcome big difference between quads and RZR isn't there.

·
I just wanna ride
3,641 Posts
Welcome to the forum
"farkling" Wow! you taught grandpa a new word :rofl3:

farkle
The word is generally accepted to mean a combination of "function" and "sparkle", hence, farkle. Motorcycle enthusiasts may install accessories, called farkles (also spelled farkel), to customize their machine.
One source attributes the term to Pete Wells, the organizer of a 1997 Honda ST1100 rally
www.nabble.com/Re:-Farkel,
{delete this line and join two halves for url}
-or-is-it-Farkle--p2354383.html

The term is well known in the sport touring community.

An enthusiast may be in the process of "farkling". The completed motorcycle would be all "farkled up". Radar detectors, Global Positioning System receivers, heated grips, and satellite radios are some of those farkles. Other accessories could be aftermarket seats, side and/or top cases or bar risers, which make the motorcycle more suitable for long miles.

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
Welcome to the forum...You can silicone the cover on the airbox when you close it, that will get you a bit deeper until you can add a snorkel kit of some kind, We have plenty of Threads about differant setups if your a water junky! Good luck!

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Lots of great trails in MI. Lake Co. is some of the best. Trails up farther north tend to be narrower and can scuff up even a 50" Rzr--but nothing wrong with some battle scars :)

Good luck with the budget farkles--there's always a cheaper alternative to billet & bling.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts