Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, and thanks in advance for any help.

We just installed a 7.1" Ride Command in our 2018 XP Turbo, unfortunately it's not powering up or anything when we key-on. We were extremely careful when swapping the pins to the new connector, but will double-check everything.

Is there anything else I can do to diagnose the unit? Has anybody had this issue before?

-TJ

·
Registered
586 Posts
Did you check your fuses ? Something else you might try is disconnecting the battery for a few minutes then reconnecting it.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you check your fuses ? Something else you might try is disconnecting the battery for a few minutes then reconnecting it.
We'll have to dig into fuses etc. Wondering if maybe something is loose on the ignition switch after changing the upper dash piece, nothing that requires IGN on for power is working, so...

-TJ

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
You blew a fuse. Some of those wires especially the yellow and black one that you have to take from stock harness and connect to new wire harness is a live wire, you touch that to any metal, you're not powering on. Simple swap of a fuse should fix.

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
You blew a fuse. Some of those wires especially the yellow and black one that you have to take from stock harness and connect to new wire harness is a live wire, you touch that to any metal, you're not powering on. Simple swap of a fuse should fix.
And if you didn't blow a fuse, then you probably connected something to the wrong wire port. In which case you'd need to go back and check every wire is where it is supposed to be.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey everyone, I'm tjz06's mechanic and have been doing all the upgrades to his 2018 XP1k Turbo.

Turns out it was a blown fuse- UNSW 10A, which is the Gauge, Diagnostic port and EFI relay. Not sure how this happened as I had the battery disconnected the entire time and only hooked it back up just before installing the new PRP seats.

But it's fixed and the Ride Command powers up and the engine fires. Really appreciate the advice.

Attachments

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Glad you got it working, now you'll have to change those headlight and 4x4 switches. See post's 14 and 15 on how I did mine to match the rest of my switches. http://www.rzrforums.net/rzr-xp-1000/406753-xp-1000-stock-light-awd-wiring-help-needed.html
Yeah... that's the only "regret" I'm having now. We did blue-back lighting on the aftermarket switches to better match the stock ones. I wish I had done red, and just changed the stock ones to red back-lighting. Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.

-TJ

·
Registered
586 Posts
Glad you got it working, now you'll have to change those headlight and 4x4 switches. See post's 14 and 15 on how I did mine to match the rest of my switches. http://www.rzrforums.net/rzr-xp-1000/406753-xp-1000-stock-light-awd-wiring-help-needed.html
Yeah... that's the only "regret" I'm having now. We did blue-back lighting on the aftermarket switches to better match the stock ones. I wish I had done red, and just changed the stock ones to red back-lighting. Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.

-TJ
Sounds good, let me know if you have any questions.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Great write up and pics! Maybe a future project cause I'm sure this RZR will be back in my shop for more upgrades at some point, but I can't really think of anything we didn't already do besides the oil cooler though.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Great write up and pics! Maybe a future project cause I'm sure this RZR will be back in my shop for more upgrades at some point, but I can't really think of anything we didn't already do besides the oil cooler though.
Hopefully we don't end up needing an oil cooler. We'll see how the improved cooling system works. I was pretty impressed to see Polaris put a SPAL fan on it...

-TJ

·
Registered
586 Posts
Thanks, let me know if you have any questions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, and thanks in advance for any help.

We just installed a 7.1" Ride Command in our 2018 XP Turbo, unfortunately it's not powering up or anything when we key-on. We were extremely careful when swapping the pins to the new connector, but will double-check everything.

Is there anything else I can do to diagnose the unit? Has anybody had this issue before?

-TJ
I installed a 2883803 Ride Command Kit w/Audio (similar to 2883804 w/o Audio) and the fuse inside of the (3N) connection, which is shown on page 12 of the 9929583 instructions, had fallen out of the socket. The spare with the white rubber retainers was in place, but the 7.5A fuse was not in the slot w/the metal pins. Once I seated the fuse in the socket w/the metal pins, everything powered right up!
RB

1 - 16 of 16 Posts