Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One not related to the other, but thought I’d like some opinions on both, so here goes.

#1. The pop. Back of the machine if I push and pull on the top of either wheel I hear a gnarly pop. Looked and looked. Felt bolts, etc. can’t find it for the life of me. Any ideas? ( seems to happen on both sides on the rear).

#2. Unidentified lube. On the passenger side front diff. A very dark, almost grease like fluid is showing up near the bottom of the axle. I’ve seen it mid way up the axle input on the back side also. Like at the 9 and 6 o clock. Doesn’t have the consistency as the diff fluid, nor color. Does have some shiny particles in it. Yay..... The boot on the cv isn’t leaking, nor compromised that I can tell. Spline grease??? ideas? I feel like the machine had a failure to disengage the front diff once. Although I’m not positive. No code. Just had it off and sorta felt like it was on. Anyhow any ideas appreciated.

2021 turbo s4 dynamix 20 hours on motor. Thanks!!

·
Registered
2020 Polaris RZR Pro XP aka: The Bomb
528 Posts
I got nothing on the pop, but I would suggest draining your front diff and having a look at the fluid.

Drain it through a coffee filter and see if you have any metal in it.

The color and consistency will change dramatically if your diff is failing.

usually thicker and black.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I agree with drain and check front diff.

For pop, are you pushing up/down or side to side?

If side to side I would check axle at the diff and wheel to see if it's popping out or loose. Maybe push/pull on axle to see if moves in and out at the diff or wheel.

Let us know I u find a solution to either one

·
Registered
28 Posts
One not related to the other, but thought I’d like some opinions on both, so here goes.

#1. The pop. Back of the machine if I push and pull on the top of either wheel I hear a gnarly pop. Looked and looked. Felt bolts, etc. can’t find it for the life of me. Any ideas? ( seems to happen on both sides on the rear).

#2. Unidentified lube. On the passenger side front diff. A very dark, almost grease like fluid is showing up near the bottom of the axle. I’ve seen it mid way up the axle input on the back side also. Like at the 9 and 6 o clock. Doesn’t have the consistency as the diff fluid, nor color. Does have some shiny particles in it. Yay..... The boot on the cv isn’t leaking, nor compromised that I can tell. Spline grease??? ideas? I feel like the machine had a failure to disengage the front diff once. Although I’m not positive. No code. Just had it off and sorta felt like it was on. Anyhow any ideas appreciated.

2021 turbo s4 dynamix 20 hours on motor. Thanks!!
Also asking, is the pop side to side on the top of the tire or rotating the tire front to back? If side to side, check the radius rods, might be loose.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the response y’all!!! Pop is side to side. I checked the radius rods and axle’s. Doesn’t seem to be coming from there. I’ll get a video.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks for the response y’all!!! Pop is side to side. I checked the radius rods and axle’s. Doesn’t seem to be coming from there. I’ll get a video.
Check torque on the radius rods bolts, both ends. They may not move by hand but will be loose enough to pop when pushing/pulling. That's really all that is moved when pushing side to side. Sounds good, will wait for video.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got nothing on the pop, but I would suggest draining your front diff and having a look at the fluid.

Drain it through a coffee filter and see if you have any metal in it.

The color and consistency will change dramatically if your diff is failing.

usually thicker and black.
same thing I thought. The fluid in the diff is fine looking. Thought possibly it has a slow leak and it takes on a darker color as it is grinding past the seal?!?!???dunno.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Check torque on the radius rods bolts, both ends. They may not move by hand but will be loose enough to pop when pushing/pulling. That's really all that is moved when pushing side to side. Sounds good, will wait for video.
Totally my thoughts. I had my hand on them and didn’t really feel it, but admit it was difficult to do both at the same time. You wouldn’t happen to know the torque spec on those with you?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Totally my thoughts. I had my hand on them and didn’t really feel it, but admit it was difficult to do both at the same time. You wouldn’t happen to know the torque spec on those with you?
I only have up to 2020 Turbo S service manual, but it calls out 50 ft-lb (inner and outer).

·
Registered
6 Posts
I only have up to 2020 Turbo S service manual, but it calls out 50 ft-lb (inner and outer).
Herleybob, you are right that it is 50 ft-lb, but with the following addition:

Inner rods (attaching to the radius rod plate): 50ft-lbs + 45 degrees
Outter rods: 50ft-lbs + 90 degrees

·
Registered
21 Turbo S, 18 XPT Dynamix, 18 XP 1K
406 Posts
Make sure the pop is not the cage roll bar moving in the rear bars where it mounts to the frame in the bed. Pretty much every Turbo S I have been in with the stock cage clunks every time you hit the gas. There is a thread on fixing it by putting a set screw or bolt through the connection to stop the clunk.

Reactions: RG1
1 - 11 of 11 Posts