Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my 7 year old twins a new RZR 170, having a blast.

Skid plates, which ones?

This one;

RZR 170 Skid Plate

or this one

Polaris RZR170 Full Skids with Integrated Side Nerfs and Rear Swing Arm Skid

also was thinking about going ahead and getting a pipe and the vent racing technology air intake with the K&N. Which exhaust would be the best solution for sound and HP? Was thinking either the Muzzy, big gun or the factory UTV. Also is this filter for the cvt vent?

Polaris RZR 170 Filter

thank you all in advance for the assistance. The boys are loving this thing and I want to get it all fixed up for them

·
Vendor
2,110 Posts
Bought my 7 year old twins a new RZR 170, having a blast.

Skid plates, which ones?

This one;

RZR 170 Skid Plate

or this one

Polaris RZR170 Full Skids with Integrated Side Nerfs and Rear Swing Arm Skid

thank you all in advance for the assistance. The boys are loving this thing and I want to get it all fixed up for them
Big difference between the skids is we use UHMW, in our opinion a far superior skid plate material. Don't forget our forum member discounts...

·
Registered
152 Posts
The Factory UTV skid and exhaust are great and well worth the money . As for the intake if you have the NEW polaris intake that comes out between the seats, there is no need to change this out. just do a little re jetting. If you have the old style intake box Get you dealer to replace it. The new box with a uni filter works great. You can also make an intake with filter for less than Fifty bucks. You may also want to add snorkels for the cvt to keep dirt out of the case.

The filter you show is an engine filter for the cooling fan on the back of the motor. Does it work. Yes. Is it needed I'm not sure. I had one and after hitting a bump really really hard the rear swing arm hit it and tore it off which also damaged the cooling fan. I no longer run this filter. You'll have to make your own mind up on this one.
Good Luck and have fun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts