Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picking up a 2022 Pro XP next week. First time side by side owner. Plenty of dirt experience though. Looking forward to learning from the rest of you. Hoping one day I can pay it forward and be helpful to other members.

A couple initial questions. Based on past experience with motorcycles I'm a bit untrusting of the attention to detail that dealerships put into the final set up of new units. When the crate is opened what are they expected to finish up? I think a photo I saw showed cage was not in place yet. Are there any suggested check lists to verify they did things right? Like fastener torque specs?

Last one for now. With Dynamix DV and Fox suspension is setting the preload a thing? I haven't found any posts or youtube videos on this specifically. Will the owners manual provide steps? Like which of the 3 settings it should be to make adjustments? My ignorance may be leading me wrong but it seems like the firmer setting will sit higher than say comfort.

·
Premium Member
3,788 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new ride!
I would go over all fasteners, things often get overlooked at final "prep" from the dealership. You'll find all torque specs in the service manual. As far as the springs, the pre load should be pretty close from the factory but you'll soon learn that the factory springs are junk right from the get go, even with dynamics. After a month or so the smaller tenders are usually fully collapsed. Adjusting the pre load can help compensate for this to a point, untill the ride is just too stiff. I would factor in new springs with the cost of the machine. I switched mine out with Eibach before she even had a mile on her. Good luck!

·
GPS GURU
484 Posts
Welcome from Boulder and equestrian…. Just go over the car and shake things. They do an alright job but some if it’s loose it’s gonna move and rattle!
Get yourself a particle separator, they are worth the money! Other than that take it easy for a while till you’re used to the dynamics of the car and have a great time

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you. Will do. I have a few initial things I want to do. But plan to take it slow with the mods so I can experience the machine as designed to be able to feel the difference when I do make a change.

On the way home from the dealer we’re going for a shake down run. Then it’s going into my garage for a once over with the tool box.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I trailered mine home and right into the mancave it went. Based on what I found I would recommend checking all nuts / bolts / fasteners / all fluids before the "shake down" run.
Pre load (aka: ride height) is a separate animal from the Fox Live Valve settings.
Ask 5 owners where to set ride height, you'll probably get 7 different answers. I set mine for clearance to suit our riding style.
The Live Valve settings are for shock function.
The owners manual is pretty decent.

·
Vendor
1,430 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Lateralus and congrats on the new machine. Let me know if I can help you out on any accessories. Post up a pic of your new rig when you get it. If you do decide to get a spring kit, Zbroz is running a 15% off sale for Black Friday. I would recommend putting a few hundred miles on the stock springs so you can really appreciate the aftermarket springs!! One of the best mods you can do for sure. @superjunior is spot on.

Roof, mirrors, windshields and storage are all common early on mods too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I trailered mine home and right into the mancave it went. Based on what I found I would recommend checking all nuts / bolts / fasteners / all fluids before the "shake down" run.
Pre load (aka: ride height) is a separate animal from the Fox Live Valve settings.
Ask 5 owners where to set ride height, you'll probably get 7 different answers. I set mine for clearance to suit our riding style.
The Live Valve settings are for shock function.
The owners manual is pretty decent.
Thanks for this!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts