Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
2011TXNRZR
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone a friend of mine referred me to your forum and I was quite impressed. I recently just purchased a 2011 RZR-S and am currently adding many accessories. I have always owned 4-wheelers and between the folks that we ride with we have always been able to do our own mods within our group but this RZR is like a whole new world. Well we tore down my RZR today to begin snorkeling it and ran into a slight problem...its not the same as the 2010 model that we have previously done and we have never done a 2011. The issue is that the middle pipe which I believe should be your exhaust for your belt housing... I do not have enough room to use all pvc fittings and pipe and if I did the middle pipe would be angled towards the passenger side which would work but asthetically looks horrible. So the question is has anyone snorkeled a 2011 RZR-S yet? I contacted a snorkel company asking if they had a kit for a 2011 model yet and they said the 2010 kit would work which isnt true... if anyone has any information on this it would help out a lot. My group is going on a good ride this coming weekend and need it put back together by than so I can join them. Any ideas or answers would be great.

·
Just kidding!
10,757 Posts
If you need to maybe you could use some flex tube until you figure somthing better out.So you can at least go on the ride.

·
I just wanna ride
3,641 Posts
Sorry I don't know anything about snorkels
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
There is a company called Mud Industries that makes a snorkel kit that looks pretty nice... Not that us AZ boys have a whole lot of use for them.
Here's a link ATV SNORKEL KITS, UTV SNORKEL KITS, CAN AM OUTLANDER SNORKEL KIT, RZR SNORKEL KIT

Also there is a member from Alaska doing a buile thread using their products so u might want to it out and get feedback from him?

Here's the link to that:
http://www.rzrforums.net/projects-how/35774-say-goodbye-my-old-rzr-construction-has-begun-4.html

Good luck welcome to the forum and keep us posted on what you find out!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Welcome to this Awesome Forum! Congrats on your new RZR :rzrs:

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Bunch of desert and dune guys on here, But there are plenty of us here that live in places where it rains :) Sorry though haven't seen to many 2011s around here yet and non with snorkels. Doesn't surprise me they told you they were the same as the 2010s. Most shops just seem to guess if their stuff fits newer models. Once they get complaints they make changes :(
Oh yeah welcome :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
what model would you get rzr or rzr-s or le model is the suspension that much better on the s or le models want to stich a snow plow on it plese help borno new member

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
what model would you get rzr or rzr-s or le model is the suspension that much better on the s or le models want to stich a snow plow on it plese help borno new member
All models are capable of running a plow.. The RZR will give you the best price and if you plan to spend $ on a aftermarket long travel suspension system, this is the way to go, If you want a RAZR thats already got a bit of Long travel then the RZRs will be great, If you want EPS they have special edition models for that....

Now to address the 2011 snorkel issue, I have seen what you are dealing with and I am fully aware of the issue..The problem that you face is your only going to get the proper flex couplers in 2 to 3" or strait 2" or stait 3" the other sizes wont do you much good...Now if you can get your hands on another "intake boot" Im talking about the rubber sleeve boot that goes from your air box (stock) to the actual intake on the engine. You can cap the metal hole (the sensor enters) the second hole that threaded doesnt go all the way through and you could mount that but you would also need a 1.5" solid platic (abs, pvc your choice) Coupler to slip in the smaller end then a 2" flex coupler to go on the outside to extend it and also connect your standard tubing (2" to...) there really isnt away around this unless you have a band saw and want to buy a slew of 2" angled pieces (thats what I just did) I was able to get everything from 15 degree to 22 the 30, 45 degree angle 2" elbows" to make the proper fit after sleeving a 2" flex coupler.. It sounds confusing (and it is) but you can line it up.. If you have done previous snorkels on any model (like you mentioned) then you should have a good idea of what I am talking about.. I will give you the "easiest example:
#1 cut the stock intake tube, its rounded, buzz it down about 1/4 " to get rid of the lip)
#2 Now you have to build a set of tubes to "move" the intake snorkel over to the left a bit more for that "proper lined up look" that you want, You do this by hooking up a 2" flex coupler followed by various low angle elbows that either have a beveled end to connect them or you need to use more 2" couplers and you can buy some that are as short as 2" long.. Work your tubing and angles to the left to the exact position then ensure you have your last angle pointing up and your good to go..
#3 I will post pictures of a simular job that I am doing because I am unhappy with both Mud-Industries kit and "line-up" along with Im not happy with an adapter that was made for the top of the DFR intake that withholds ruffly 25% of the airflow back..It is now in the same position as a stock 2011 RAZR with the intake trimmed...
#4, If you don want to trim it because of "warrentee reasons"........Its going to require you to use a 3"to 2" flex coupler BUT it will be too big and you will need to purchase a Coupler Liner (just a thinner couple thats the same size) for the extra rubber to fill in the gab and ensure a tighter fit...But thats a half arse way.... I could figure a better 2011 way...But we will all be dead in 2012:22yikes::twist1::22yikes:
Welcome to the Family Guys!!

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
Here is a picture of the throttle boot that I mentioned earlier,

if you look at the thread of the build that I am currently working on,
http://www.rzrforums.net/projects-how/35774-say-goodbye-my-old-rzr-construction-has-begun.html
you will see a picture that I called PURE~UGLY (scroll to the bottom), it was a mock-up of the snorkel system that has had more technical issues that a 105mm Howiztzer (the one that replaced the One-'o' Duece) anyways if you look at the pics in the thread on the far right comming out of the intake I used the "extra" Throttle boot becuase not only did it fit better to the stock intake tube (just as well as it would for the 2011's) but it is also EXTREMELY Flexible, It would put to shame any 2" flex coupler out there..The issues are sealing the hole created for the sensor (easy) and then inserting a smaller "Solid" coupler, Followed by a 1 1/2" to 2" flex coupler allowing you to continue to hook up the rest of the snorkel system in line, (aligned) with no issues..Some may ask..Well doesn't adding the 1 1/2" coupler on the inside restrict some airflow...YES, But no more than the "adapter" that DFR made to help align the stock snorkel to their airbix, (in which I am replacing with a new one they have released.. I hope his finally closes out your questions, when you get it done please share your information and pictures so that others on the Forum may learn.. Thanks, Mike#9

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Hey Mike #9 plumbing you are way-good at...but I believe your true calling is Teacher...way-good write up..I learned from it..good stuff:)

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
Hey Mike #9 plumbing you are way-good at...but I believe your true calling is Teacher...way-good write up..I learned from it..good stuff:)
Maybe its the fact that I learned so quickly in the army that I moved to learning Arabic, mixed with three differant dialects of kurdish ,not to mention some farsi..I tell you you can drive 500 miles in any direction and the language changes..Talk about a challenge, then I became and instructor, then special missions when the wars started working part time in the middle east for agencies and contarctors?? I went from E-1 to E-7 in 8 years and wasnt able to get my E-8 as I was injured and in the wounded Warrior Unit while I was getting ready to retire at 13.3 years..(they changed the regulation that you had to serve 5 years as an E-8 before becoming an E-9 Command Sergeants Major (the highest enlisted rank you can achieve, from there its all about position..example; FORSCOM CSM, CSM of the ARMY, Joint chiefs ect....I wanted to do a full 30 years, I was a lifer... I truly loved serving my country. Still no regrets...& I get to help as many people when I can ..and it doesnt matter if its a Forum, Or fighting to ensure that injured Soldiers are taken care of.. There is some very DARK things going on now....VERY DARK, The initial estimates for post war injury compensation claims through VA were supposed to be and were reported to the President at around 50,000 (another Dick Chaney interception to make the #'s fit in President Bushs' overall plans.. well currently there are over 500,000 compensation claims.. IT MAKES ME SICK!!, I had to wait almost 3 months for my evaluation while having seizures, waking up bleeding out of my ears ect.. because regular guys found out if they say.."oh Im having nightmares, I have PTSD" they can get out and get a monthly chack along with continuing there lives (and thats our tax money)...Honestly.. I had a guy in front of me that was making a claim against the army because he had ACNE!! I had another guy he was African American, and he was making a claim because when he shaved he got Razor bumps...He shaved real close and the day of his evaluation his face looked horrible..I asked him why was he shaving so close because even on active duty you can get a shaving profile and keep a RAELLY short beard that stops razor bumps, he said flat out..Oh I'm out, I dont have to shave anymore and I dont..I just shave before my re evaluations (because he is not "permanantly" disabled like me, so he gets re evaluated every 3 years) so that they can see that its still bad and I keep getting 10% of my base pay!! Not all Soldiers do the right thing, and it really hurts us, the ones who are really F'd up....

But yeah...I think I'd be a good teacher! Thanks for the compliment!! Mike#9

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just put a snorkel on my 2011 today. I have pictures and a list of the parts I used. Bayou Snorkels has a 2011 RZR S snorkel if you want to go that way.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts