Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I bought my girls the RZR 170 last year and when I bought it they informed me that it had the new intake system. I just read through some of these forums and I think someone said the new intake consists of a paper filter. I have the foam filter installed. Is there a way to tell if my kids RZR has the new intake system?

Thanks!

·
Registered
152 Posts
The new intake draws air from between the seats. It goes through the panel between the motor and the seat area. There is a pic of it on the forum. Or maybe someone will put the pic up. We got our 170 in march of this year and it did not have the new intake, and the old intake has a foam filter.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Sounds like it is the old intake. I appreciate the response. Do you happen to know when Polaris stops or stopped supporting the recall?

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have had my kids 170 in for a air box update and tried to get polaris to fix the motor with no luck. They will admit the intake is bad and sucks dirt but will not fix any damage done by the old intake just replace it. Then you pay $700 for the new top end. The Polaris shop in my area has done almost 15 top end rebuilds on 170's so far this year twice on mine sons. it is not just the intake though if your kids ride before they had a rzr they may just be to hard on it my boys have broke almost every part on the 170. But they love it and I just keep fixing it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts