Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Should we start guessing the price?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Okay. Since it has to be affordable and does not come with a display, going by present prices, will depend on if one can send in shocks to be modified. If so then my guess is the $1500 to $2000 range. Second guess is $1200 to $1800.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
I'm a bit confused, Fox had a similar system for their shock available 3 years ago. I talked to the Fox reps at ROTR 2016 about this setup and they had a demo display setup at their booth. Cost I believ was ~$300 per shock.

Edit - it was actually last year at ROTR- 2018

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
4,137 Posts

Okay. Since it has to be affordable and does not come with a display, going by present prices, will depend on if one can send in shocks to be modified. If so then my guess is the $1500 to $2000 range. Second guess is $1200 to $1800.

They told me $2075 ( I’m assuming for 4 shocks) over on Instagram a little bit ago. More than I’ll want to pony up. I understand why the cost is there, but that is a pretty penny.

-Give it a second... it had to go to space and back first ( Sent from the lifeline that is my iPhone XS Max )

·
Registered
4,230 Posts

They told me $2075 ( I’m assuming for 4 shocks) over on Instagram a little bit ago. More than I’ll want to pony up. I understand why the cost is there, but that is a pretty penny.

-Give it a second... it had to go to space and back first ( Sent from the lifeline that is my iPhone XS Max )
Think one has to weigh that cost in the difference in a machine with live shocks from the factory and one with regular Fox shocks. Or what sending in a set of regular shocks to ST for valve and spring replacement cost. Might not seem so bad considering what one gets. Sure, it won't be for everyone, but for those who need/want that kind of suspension for many reason, like back problems, the cost is not so bad.

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
4,137 Posts
I dunno... for $2075 on an aftermarket option and 3 fixed settings... I’d probably just pay the extra and get a full live valve system from the factory if I were interested..... but upgrading an existing to full dynamix isn’t really a feasible option... so I can see why it’s there I guess.

I might have been interested at $300/corner... but that was pushing it. I’ll stick with fixed valve for $2k. That’s just my take tho, I’ve never been fully sold on dynamix anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
So have they released the info on this yet? Do the shocks still have the manual controls to get them set where you want and then 3 setting on top of that or just the 3 setting and no other adjustment?

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
I dunno... for $2075 on an aftermarket option and 3 fixed settings... I’d probably just pay the extra and get a full live valve system from the factory if I were interested..... but upgrading an existing to full dynamix isn’t really a feasible option... so I can see why it’s there I guess.

I might have been interested at $300/corner... but that was pushing it. I’ll stick with fixed valve for $2k. That’s just my take tho, I’ve never been fully sold on dynamix anyway.

$300 is what FOX priced them to me last at ROTR

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
4,137 Posts

$300 is what FOX priced them to me last at ROTR

Yeah, and I would’ve at least thought about it there, probably still wouldn’t have pulled the trigger tho, just not my biggest want, I could see a lot of people buying in at that price tho, more so than $500/corner at least

·
Registered
4,230 Posts

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
4,137 Posts
Only way a can am can have a dynamix suspension it seems. Not any different then the Polaris Dynamix system. Well maybe so. No screen. not sure how it handles curves and braking. May not be that great. Not enough information yet. Three settings. Thought there would be more. It is the wave of the future tho.
It is actually different from the dynamix tho, it is not a true live valve setup like the dynamix. The actual dynamix system is able to adjust the system by itself on the fly within the 3 modes, and will adjust independently to each corner as you drive, this system makes no claim of such, it just gives on the fly manual control of the compression adjuster from inside the cab..which is still a pretty big deal because you can switch as the terrain changes, or your driving changes, but it doesn't have the full capabilities that the dynamix system has.

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
Well now we have to see what King is coming up with ?? They are supposed to be releasing something big as well

I still have a lot of questions about this Fox system ...but I will wait until Monday ...Time to go ride tonight

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Only way a can am can have a dynamix suspension it seems. Not any different then the Polaris Dynamix system. Well maybe so. No screen. not sure how it handles curves and braking. May not be that great. Not enough information yet. Three settings. Thought there would be more. It is the wave of the future tho.
It is actually different from the dynamix tho, it is not a true live valve setup like the dynamix. The actual dynamix system is able to adjust the system by itself on the fly within the 3 modes, and will adjust independently to each corner as you drive, this system makes no claim of such, it just gives on the fly manual control of the compression adjuster from inside the cab..which is still a pretty big deal because you can switch as the terrain changes, or your driving changes, but it doesn't have the full capabilities that the dynamix system has.
Correct. Not a lot of information on website yet.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts