Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

161 - 180 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Ben here,
The turbo apex swap is all done the car runs great, I love the 10in. stretch in the frame,car handles great,,,Z1 is a great setup,but I'm not a big fan of it in a 2seater S,I'm just finishing one up in a 4seater S right now wirh 18in of travel it should be wicked

Sorry Ben, had you confused with LBR off Rhinoforums!

Was I mistaken about the turbo'd rotax as well?
No worries,I'm the one wirh the turbo 1004cc rotax

·
Vendor
4,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
How about some video of the Apex Ben? Or at least a few pictures?

How is Steve's Z1 going?

·
Registered
632 Posts
I'll post up some pics,as you know I did something a lil different on this car then everyone else has done,

As for Steves Z1....were having a problem with wiring, the harness came out of a wreck sled,, also there are a bunch of connectors that were cut out of the harness,and the ECU had visible damage so with this point we're getting a new harness and starting over,but as for your kit the fit and finish was awesome everything fit like factory!

·
Vendor
4,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
Yep, it's been out in the public now since you are riding it. Spill the beans. LOL... I kept my mouth shut so you can have the glory.

LET'S SEE SOME PICS! Post them on the Apex thread please.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Milos --

I've got an air to air intercooler and piping I took off mine -- It's yours if you want it.

:ride:
Thanks Mr. Sparky, I will for sure like to have it. :ride:
I will send you the pm.
THX milos
It's yours then Milos --

Just send me your name -- Phone number and shipping address to my e-mail as the PM feature I have turned off ....... I'll send out Friday via UPS to you.

[email protected]

Was out on the Sand today ...... Truly EPIC -- Shot around 30 video's .. .. If your board -- You know where to find um -- Will be all uploaded by mid morning tomorrow.

:ride:

·
Vendor
4,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
Here are a few new pictures of the 800 Z1 RZR. It is setup for trail riding. 15 pounds of boost and lower RPM clutch setup right now. Clutch engagement is a buttery smooth 2600 RPM. It has the anti turbo-lag switch for boost off the line. It is funny how mild this lower setting is compared to the 19 pound boost setting. It won't hook up on grass anyways LOL.

FOR ANYONE INTERESTED. IT IS FOR SALE WITH OR WITHOUT THE NEW Z1 ENGINE. I will be pulling the engine out to put in my new XP in about a week. I also have a used Z1 engine that I can install in it.

85 MPH and shut-down in 1000'. And this is just the low boost trail setup!
It actually turns a little less RPM than my RZR4 XP at 10, 20, 30 MPH cruising speed. Then over that, there is no comparison. The XP really starts to turn more RPM.

Attachments

·
Vendor
4,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
Actually like them a lot. Great on rocky trails too. Just a lot of sidewall flex.

·
Vendor
4,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
Actually like them a lot. Great on rocky trails too. Just a lot of sidewall flex.
More than bighorns?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
They have a bigger footprint of traction to the ground. They hookup really well. I think they hookup as good as BHs.

·
Vendor
4,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #177
Our Z1 kit with our ECU program is working out great. We dyno'd an engine with our program and it was 252hp on pump fuel a few weeks back. Should be about 265-270 they tell us with the changes we have made.

Clutch engagement is smooth 2500 rpm. Actually turns 100 less RPM than my new XP4 up to about 40 mph and then the XP starts turn a lot more RPM thanks to the OD secondary clutch.

This is really a great trail machine when you just want to ride slow with a beverage in your hand.

·
Vendor
4,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #178
Only one Z1-kit1 and Kit2 in stock right now.

161 - 180 of 186 Posts