Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

141 - 160 of 186 Posts

·
Vendor
4,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
Z1-kit1 now comes with in tank fuel pump. Install instructions are 20 pages with lots of pictures, plumbing, and wiring help. EASY for the average DIY kind of guy. I have a few left ready to ship.

·
Just kidding!
10,725 Posts
I have a friend that has installed both the Z1 kit and the Apex kit. He had nothing but good things to say about the kits and he has very high standards.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
Z1-kit1 now comes with in tank fuel pump. Install instructions are 20 pages with lots of pictures, plumbing, and wiring help. EASY for the average DIY kind of guy. I have a few left ready to ship.
I will prefer to put Z1 engine in the XP, but if the installation kit will give you some problem or will hard to come up with one, I will buy your kit for 800 and find some used S instead XP to put in. I need to put this baby somewhere.:ride:
milos
[URL=http://s358.photobucket.com/user/milosusa/media/Z1%20Turbo%20engine/DSCN0142_zpsdc50d102.jpg.html][/URL]

·
Registered
562 Posts
I will prefer to put Z1 engine in the XP, but if the installation kit will give you some problem or will hard to come up with one, I will buy your kit for 800 and find some used S instead XP to put in. I need to put this baby somewhere.:ride:
milos
[URL=http://s358.photobucket.com/user/milosusa/media/Z1%20Turbo%20engine/DSCN0142_zpsdc50d102.jpg.html][/URL]
Congrads Milos,no more worries with big bore cylinders and copper head gaskets

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
milos
Lance,

any updates on your swap? I still remember your turbo rotax swapped rhino from years back! I am thinking really hard about the Z1 swap in an S or possibly an XP. Just wondering how things are coming along.....

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
milos
Hey mister, I need to find some way to keep up with you. Did you think I will let you win all the time ? :rofl3:
milos

·
Registered
562 Posts
milos
Lance,

any updates on your swap? I still remember your turbo rotax swapped rhino from years back! I am thinking really hard about the Z1 swap in an S or possibly an XP. Just wondering how things are coming along.....
Ben here,
The turbo apex swap is all done the car runs great, I love the 10in. stretch in the frame,car handles great,,,Z1 is a great setup,but I'm not a big fan of it in a 2seater S,I'm just finishing one up in a 4seater S right now wirh 18in of travel it should be wicked

·
Registered
562 Posts
milos
Hey mister, I need to find some way to keep up with you. Did you think I will let you win all the time ? :rofl3:
milos
I know it was a matter of time before you stepped it up an did a engine swap, especially after you saw my turbo apex, if you buy one of Jason's kits get ahold of me as I have a lot of experience with plumbing air to water intercooler exhaust wiring ect ect

·
Vendor
4,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
Our kits have full details on that now Ben... LOL...

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
milos
I know it was a matter of time before you stepped it up an did a engine swap, especially after you saw my turbo apex, if you buy one of Jason's kits get ahold of me as I have a lot of experience with plumbing air to water intercooler exhaust wiring ect ect
You can be sure I will bug you to get on some of your secrets.:) You mentioned intercooler and I was thinking, if possible I rather will use air to air intercooler instead of air to water on engine swap. Just curious, any good strong reason for air to water system, beside bed space saving ? I honestly think air to air will work better for where I ride...just the dunes and taking little bit of bed space really don't bother me to much.
milos

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Milos --

I've got an air to air intercooler and piping I took off mine -- It's yours if you want it.

:ride:

·
Vendor
4,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #158
I have a digital air temp gauge on my Z1 to monitor air in and air out of the intercooler. I am very surprised at the air temps I am getting. I am seeing 100-110 temp OUT(to engine) when the air temp from the turbo is as high as 175-180 coming IN (from turbo) after a hard run. It keeps the air at 100 -110 cruising or making a few test passes on 90 degree day. Now, in the hot desert heat I am sure that will go up. But I was surprised it works that well for our temps.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Ben here,
The turbo apex swap is all done the car runs great, I love the 10in. stretch in the frame,car handles great,,,Z1 is a great setup,but I'm not a big fan of it in a 2seater S,I'm just finishing one up in a 4seater S right now wirh 18in of travel it should be wicked

Sorry Ben, had you confused with LBR off Rhinoforums!

Was I mistaken about the turbo'd rotax as well?

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
I have a digital air temp gauge on my Z1 to monitor air in and air out of the intercooler. I am very surprised at the air temps I am getting. I am seeing 100-110 temp OUT(to engine) when the air temp from the turbo is as high as 175-180 coming IN (from turbo) after a hard run. It keeps the air at 100 -110 cruising or making a few test passes on 90 degree day. Now, in the hot desert heat I am sure that will go up. But I was surprised it works that well for our temps.
That's good information, I honestly will rather go with air to air, if I can choose that for engine swap . IMO
milos

141 - 160 of 186 Posts