Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

181 - 186 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
I'm Def. putting a Z1 motor in my 2012 S model (800) in the next year or so, in the process of trying to get sled first. Is there a better year Z1 sled to get??? How does the Stator work on Z1 motor for charging battery with all the lighting and winches Rzr's can have???

·
Vendor
4,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
Nope, you can use any year. We are running extra lights and fans and the stator keeps up pretty good. On the newer 2010+ harnesses, I have a work around to help it put out more than the stock sled does.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Good to know so a 2009 and older seems to charge better?? I have front and rear winches, tons of led lighting, heater, Radio, GPS, and odyssey battery, My stock charging system does great, if I've been real hard on it I trickle charge it when I get Home.

·
Vendor
4,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
2009 was the first year for the turbo Z1. It has a built in regulator and control unit all in one. It works fine, I prefer the 2010+ harness. But, more of the 2009 used sleds out there. Also, LED lights help out a lot too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If anyone wants a z1 turbo rzr i have one for sale. Its a 2010 and im 90% finished it. It runs but I just need to route the wiring. Its got the hawk kit and a 220hp-300 hp boost controler. Pm me for info. Should have it done by spring.
how much do you want for your 800?

·
Vendor
4,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #186
I still have my 800 z1 for sale. It just needs a z1 engine.

181 - 186 of 186 Posts