Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put in a new fuel pump I bought off ebay for $47. Fit in okay. Put it back into tank, attached a press gauge, it puts out 39 psi after hitting the key to on position a couple times. Hooked fuel line to engine, started up after cranking over several times, probably had some air in the engine side line....runs a bit rough, and same problem as when it had the 20 psi fuel pump, it will only get to about 3800 rpm max, and surging badly.

What should I do next?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Have a fuel controller? If so disconnect and try it out.
Also, check your codes.....I had the same problem, and it ran codes 51/52 which are the fuel injectors. My problem was the fuel contoller, and once disconected it ran fine.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No fuel controller, I keep getting a code 25, QUESTION : the top of the fuel assembly there is a rubber ring, I am suspicious it may not be sealing properly, as there is one of the screws missing. Is it necessary to have a complete perfect seal on the top of assembly that meets up with the fuel tank?

Also, is it necessary to bleed off the injection lines at the engine itself? This thing runs same on 39 psi, as it did with the bad pump at 20 psi.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Code 25 is no problem, most RZR's have it including mine(not fully engauged in park). I would think equal pressure on the ring is required to complete the seal, so get a new screw and install before you do any deep water! If there was an air leak at that position it would not effect how the engine runs since there is a vent to atmoshere.

Have you checked your fuse panel, for blown fuses and done a search for a bad ground?

I have read that a pinched vent line could cause this type of issue.......

Check air box and throttle body for dirt or dust......

·
Registered
663 Posts
No fuel controller, I keep getting a code 25, QUESTION : the top of the fuel assembly there is a rubber ring, I am suspicious it may not be sealing properly, as there is one of the screws missing. Is it necessary to have a complete perfect seal on the top of assembly that meets up with the fuel tank?

Also, is it necessary to bleed off the injection lines at the engine itself? This thing runs same on 39 psi, as it did with the bad pump at 20 psi.
No need to bleed the injection rail...Running the vehicle with only 20 lbs of fuel pressure for any length of time could have done internal engine damage. Before going any further I would go back to the Basics - Check Cylinder Compression - Inspect the spark plugs and yes, I would even re-check fuel pressure (you will be much better off, to put a tee inline so you are reading running fuel pressure not dead head line pressure, big difference) - we see faulty parts come right out of the box all the time....I would also check all computer wiring connections for moisture, you would think it would dry, but it won't. If water gets by the connection seals it will stay there and create issues until YOU take them apart and dry them out...

·
King of crash!
31,882 Posts
with running low pressure for a long time your inj could be bad or dirty

as to the tank seal only thing that will cause is a fuel leak.... pump builds presure not the tank....

injection bleeds its self as inj open it lets any air out also

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
can a guy just put a "T' fitting into the line that comes out of the fuel tank, like say 5-6 inches away from the tank coupler? Or would it be best to hook pressure gauge somewhere at the fuel rail? I am thinking of swapping ECM from my 2009 RZR-S, and maybe the regulator swap as well. Its often nice to have 2 similar machines to do a little swapping back and forth.

I do know I had some battery issues for a while, so I will try regrounding and wire connections.

Is there any issues with swapping parts from 2 different RZR's ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts