Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2018 turbo dynamix
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently posted about an issue with my RZR spitting and sputtering during acceleration. The general consensus was a bad fuel pump. After installing the new pump, I rode it a bit and thought it was fixed. Last night I was riding it with a little less than half a tank of fuel and it shut off completely twice. That’s the first time this has happened. Both times during a hard right hand turn. Any ideas on this one? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I recently posted about an issue with my RZR spitting and sputtering during acceleration. The general consensus was a bad fuel pump. After installing the new pump, I rode it a bit and thought it was fixed. Last night I was riding it with a little less than half a tank of fuel and it shut off completely twice. That’s the first time this has happened. Both times during a hard right hand turn. Any ideas on this one? Thanks in advance.
Drain the tank and check fuel filter

·
Registered
2018 turbo dynamix
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, rode it again tonight and I barley got it home. Had to keep shutting it off for a few minutes and then it would run for a few minutes as long as I just limped along. I was looking for the fuel filter. Where is it located?

·
Registered
2018 turbo dynamix
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just took the fuel line loose and put a hose on it to get a fuel sample. when I turned the switch on the pump pumped a good solid stream for 2 seconds and slows to a trickle. Is this normal? I’m thinking it’s not. Also, this is a new AEM high flow pump.

·
Registered
2018 turbo dynamix
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tonight I checked the fuel at the rail and it’s doing the same as the pump was doing so there is no obstruction To that point. I took the return line loose and started the rzr but no fuel is coming out of it. is that normal?

·
Premium Member
1,657 Posts
I'd check the fuel pressure under the situation it's acting up.
New pumps can be bad too.
I've had a couple gremlins this week with our A and E pump thats only got a couple hundred miles.

·
Registered
2018 turbo dynamix
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I think I’m gonna buy another one. Any recommendations? After reading the reviews, I’m not going back with AEM.

·
Premium Member
1,657 Posts
Yeah, I think I’m gonna buy another one. Any recommendations? After reading the reviews, I’m not going back with AEM.
If my memory is correct AEM is the one I thought was the best choice to go with. Sounds like we both need to do some research. I don't think mine is failing but I blew a couple fuses this trip and threw 3 codes both times. Unfortunately it cleared the codes off the machine and tuner so waiting for it to repeat. My spare is in the machine so need to get another to have on hand.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Maybe it is the o-ring and spacer under the pump letting fuel be pumped back into the tank, or the filter sock is clogged up.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Check this thread out..

·
Formerly 'bodywerks
210 Posts
This is an excellent pump at a fraction of the cost. The aftermarket industry is marking up pumps you can find on Amazon and Ebay by over 100% this pump handles my stage 4 big turbo no problem:

·
Registered
2018 turbo dynamix
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This is an excellent pump at a fraction of the cost. The aftermarket industry is marking up pumps you can find on Amazon and Ebay by over 100% this pump handles my stage 4 big turbo no problem:
Ok, thanks for the info.

·
Registered
2018 turbo dynamix
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bodywerks785 I just got the new pump but it doesn’t exactly fit. did you have to alter the carrier? it doesn’t lock in because it’s a little bit larger.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts