Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 50" Walker Evans RZR that I added MT springs to the stock WE shocks. I love the ride - very plush, no bottoming, etc..

My Dad has a standard 50" RZR and wanted a similar ride so he found a set of Fox 2.0 shocks with the dual speed compression adjustment on our local craigslist...400 miles on them, great shape, the good ones. Installed them last night and his ride is so much rougher than mine. Seems rougher than his stock shocks based on the short test ride last night even with the fast and slow adjustments on the softest setting so we're pretty bummed.

The Fox have Eibach 250 lb springs all the way around. Would a swap to the MT springs make that much difference? I never rode my RZR without the MT springs so I have nothing to compare it to. Any ideas are appreciated!

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
The mt springs are progressive so they will probably give you the better low speed comfort no matter what you do to the 2.0's. I don't think you will get as good of a ride without them. But you should check the preload on the new shocks. Adding preload to your springs will give you more ride height but in turn you will have a much rougher ride especially at low speeds. I the set of shocks u just got have a lot of preload causing a stiff ride.

·
Premium Member
41,101 Posts
I have a 2011 50" Walker Evans RZR that I added MT springs to the stock WE shocks. I love the ride - very plush, no bottoming, etc..

My Dad has a standard 50" RZR and wanted a similar ride so he found a set of Fox 2.0 shocks with the dual speed compression adjustment on our local craigslist...400 miles on them, great shape, the good ones. Installed them last night and his ride is so much rougher than mine. Seems rougher than his stock shocks based on the short test ride last night even with the fast and slow adjustments on the softest setting so we're pretty bummed.

The Fox have Eibach 250 lb springs all the way around. Would a swap to the MT springs make that much difference? I never rode my RZR without the MT springs so I have nothing to compare it to. Any ideas are appreciated!
You'll have a tough time buying MT springs since no one can get a hold of Steve...

Are the Fox Shox off a S or RZR???

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Check the preload first and back it off. Most likely that is the issue. You might have to sacrifice a little extra ground clearance though

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
250lb up front is a little bit high on spring rate IMO, unless you have a pair of 200lb+ riders. A progress or dual rate spring setup will definitely help.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
On a 50", spring rate is close @ #150lbs front & #225lbs rear for most people. Squared up @ #250lbs is not right by all means !! Also seems funny you are using up most of the stroke with #250's ?? When you push down on RZR does it return upward slowly or like a pogo stick. Shocks may be in need of a rebuild as well .... :sad:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts