Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the old "new" engine removed and getting ready to drop the Holz engine and start putting on some other after market goodies...

My new Holz Stage III stoker engine....

New EMP bumper, I think it looks better than the brush guard that I had and I like the winch settin ont he bumper and out of the mud and water...

The new Fluidyne radiator, UMP canister and EMP half windsheild....

Some organizers for the GF to keep her stuff in, Crow 4 pt harnesses and the HRP oil cooler....

The Muzzies with the long travel kit...

·
Registered
839 Posts
Consider yourself one lucky son of a buck. I am happy for you good luck.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ran out of daylight for the day but I got the engine installed and the Holz spacers and billet mounts. Hopefully my Pro Tec skid plate, Nuke Rims and Pit Bull Growlers will be in soon and the STM Stage III clutches will be in Monday then I'll be done with the mods for a month or so lol...

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Congrats on ALL the NEW goodies. Be sure to post some pics and performance stats after you get it thru the breakin period. By the By, where and from whom it you get the stroker?

·
Registered
811 Posts
Congrats on ALL the NEW goodies. Be sure to post some pics and performance stats after you get it thru the breakin period. By the By, where and from whom it you get the stroker?
Looks real good let us know how you like it!! I pretty sure swingarm1 was doing the kit for him.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Looks real good let us know how you like it!! I pretty sure swingarm1 was doing the kit for him.
Luke,
I wasn't aware that Holz had a stroker, that was the reason for the question.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Luke,
I wasn't aware that Holz had a stroker, that was the reason for the question.
Oh, didn't pick up on that!!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The new tires and rims came in today, I needed something a little more aggressive than the bighorns so I wont have to keep changing the clutching around when swap out the 29.5" outlaws. I can set up the clutches once and still get some power to the ground without having to change the setup so I went with 27.5 Growlers so I can either go mudding or trail riding with both sets running the same clutches.

As far as the engine, yes it is a Holz stroker engine. I think they only had 4 or 5 or the cranks manufactured and I was lucky enough to be needing a new engine and got it before someone scooped up the last one they had.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
I have heard there were 3 stroker cranks and they are gone and none will be available as none are going to be made.

Just what I have heard.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ive finally got everything back together and took it out for a little test run. The Holz big bore with the stroker crank is a beast. The STM Rage III is setup for 90- 130 hp. With the 27.5 growlers on it it hits the rev limiter in hard pack grass taking off and it digs trenches. Its almost like riding in low range until you give it the gas and then the RPM's shoot up with no problem. I haven't tried to see how fast it was yet but with the large tires 60+ is no problem but I'm going to wait until the engine is broken in before any long burst of the throttle but so far it has all the bottom and mid range that I need for the mud and trails.

·
Premium Member
1,133 Posts
Lookin good. Sounds like your RZR is going to rip!
Let us know if you need any help troubleshooting/tuning that clutch.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts