Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New Cage, New Paint, almost done

Got a killer deal from Iman (thanks again !) and now have my new cage almost ready to install.

After visiting the SSSS we decided on matte black for the cage itself, so I already painted that, but the doors and roof are kinda sorta up in the air.

Since the front plastic is blue and the rear panels are white, I can't decide if I want to paint the rear panels to match the front and do the doors in matching blue with the lower portion of the panel black to flow with the black on the RZR.

OR, paint it all black......or something :rollfinger:

Oh, right now the plan for the roof is that the inside (bottom of roof panel) is white. The top can be black or blue and there will be something on it...I want to airbrush something on there.....naked ladies already got nixed :rm_thumbdown:

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've been searching for all the pictures I've seen, but I can't find them all...SDR did a few very nice ones. This one:

keeps the stock colors and stickers on front and back with the doors solid black.

·
Registered
160 Posts
If you like the SDR one and like the colors then just reverse what is shown in the picture. Black roll cage, blue doors, black front plastics, blue roof.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you like the SDR one and like the colors then just reverse what is shown in the picture. Black roll cage, blue doors, black front plastics, blue roof.
It's taking that direction, but I won't be painting the front plastic. Takes too long and we might pre-run a course this weekend, so I need to wrap up the paint by Wednesday.:)

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Came in early this morning to check on things...

Cage is done:

Bumper is done too! Doors are half way done, waiting for the blue to get delivered today :)

And the underside of the roof is done as well...

I "think" I have decided on how to finish the top of the roof....blue with a little something painted on it to break up the monotony. :ride:

·
Registered
160 Posts
They make a nice cage and doors. I'm sure this will look great when you get it done.

Maybe you should airbrush hundred dollars bills and credit cards flying through the air coming out of the top funnel of a tornado trailing your RZR 4 on your roof...lol :rofl3:(appropriate for these money pits)
Good luck!

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This one:

I thought about keeping the cage silver, but after seeing the matte black at the show my wife made that call.

I did think about carrying over the white/blue splash on the doors, but the blue that matches the hood is beautiful up close...has teenie tiny specks over a silver base coat. That's why I think I'll do the roof in the blue.

I do like the $100 bill idea though...or I could duplicate the Amex Black card on the roof!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Got a killer deal from Iman (thanks again !) and now have my new cage almost ready to install.

After visiting the SSSS we decided on matte black for the cage itself, so I already painted that, but the doors and roof are kinda sorta up in the air.

Since the front plastic is blue and the rear panels are white, I can't decide if I want to paint the rear panels to match the front and do the doors in matching blue with the lower portion of the panel black to flow with the black on the RZR.

OR, paint it all black......or something :rollfinger:

Oh, right now the plan for the roof is that the inside (bottom of roof panel) is white. The top can be black or blue and there will be something on it...I want to airbrush something on there.....naked ladies already got nixed :rm_thumbdown:

Hey man I like your thought on the 2-tone roof colors.

I went Gloss Black for cage and bumper and doors, the roof is Candy Blue to match the front. I will be buying rear panels to have them match the blue on the front.

I like your cage, can't wait to see it on the car. I'm not to hip on the SDR cages, they look good on reg RZR's but on the RZR 4 the square cage looks like a Disney ride...:rofl3:

Chop.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Chop, thanks. I really like the radius to this cage. Not too much, not too little, and it is very close to the dimensions of my cut-down stock cage so it will fit in the toyhauler just fine, yet give me a bit more headroom in the driver's seat.

As for the rear panels...I don't think that you can buy the same blue in the those panels. I may be wrong, but I couldn't find any.

Regardless, I had to order a minimum of this special blue tint so I will probably have a ton (so to speak) left over. After I paint my rear panels I'll post up, If you like I can paint yours as well.

And so you know, that's our business....plastics, composites, FRP, etc. So we know how to paint plastic so it stays painted :rofl3:

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
Looks good

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
first base coat of blue on the roof:

:ride:

·
Registered
629 Posts
Chop, thanks. I really like the radius to this cage. Not too much, not too little, and it is very close to the dimensions of my cut-down stock cage so it will fit in the toyhauler just fine, yet give me a bit more headroom in the driver's seat.

As for the rear panels...I don't think that you can buy the same blue in the those panels. I may be wrong, but I couldn't find any.

Regardless, I had to order a minimum of this special blue tint so I will probably have a ton (so to speak) left over. After I paint my rear panels I'll post up, If you like I can paint yours as well.

And so you know, that's our business....plastics, composites, FRP, etc. So we know how to paint plastic so it stays painted :rofl3:
Dude, that is awsome! YES I would love to take you up on that offer. Would I just send you the rear panels? You let me know what is the easiest for you and I'll make that happen!

Thanks bro, that's huge of you!!

Chop.

Pm me when you are ready....

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No problem. If all goes well tomorrow I'll have time to get the plastic off of mine to prep it for paint.

Did you see the RZR 4 that was at the Holz booth at the SSSS ?

I was thinking about cutting out the "Polaris" logo from the existing decal and using it the way they did.

We'll see how that goes....:)

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
629 Posts
Chopjaw;439919[/quote said:
Hey man I like your thought on the 2-tone roof colors.

I went Gloss Black for cage and bumper and doors, the roof is Candy Blue to match the front. I will be buying rear panels to have them match the blue on the front.

I like your cage, can't wait to see it on the car. I'm not to hip on the SDR cages, they look good on reg RZR's but on the RZR 4 the square cage looks like a Disney ride...:rofl3:

Chop.
I didnt mean that SDR does shotty work! If fact I think they build some good cars. I just meant that I dont like their cage for the RZR 4. Just trying to clarify...

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I understood what you meant the first go round....SDR does top notch work, They are certainly at the top of the list...but everyone has their own personal taste...did somebody give you a hard time about that post?

Anyway....slowly but surely it's coming along. Doors and roof were wet sanded this morning in preparation for the third color coat. The 90% clear with blue iridescent will go on after that.

Then I'll start on the airbrush stuff tomorrow I think.....and some more wrenching in between.

I pulled the rear bumper off this morning, I'll be posting that up for sale. Seems like just 6 months ago I put that thing on! Oh, yeah, it was 6 months ago! :rofl3:

1 - 20 of 62 Posts