Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

Should the new Motoalliance/Racer Tech bumper have recessed bolts?

• Recessed bolts that blend into the frame

Votes: 92 74.2%
  • Mean-looking gold bolts on the exterior of the frame.

Votes: 32 25.8%
1 - 20 of 190 Posts

·
Vendor
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey RZR Gang,
As some of you know, we've been working on a bumper with a number of different features we hope you'll find useful.

We haven't mentioned it yet, but the time is now right to say we are in direct collaboration with Racer Tech on this as Andy (Racer Tech owner) and I have been in weekly conversations. We both felt it'd be cool to put our heads together to try to come up with a great front end product that works and plays together with other items like winches and plows. Andy will chime in soon too. It's been the highlight of my year to be working with someone with his expertise on RZR accessories. Fun to integrate our plow and VIPER winch ideas with his design and manufacturing ability.

The prototype will be in our facility on Monday for some final revisions before we start production. More on the bumper features in another post.....

At this point, I do have a design question and poll for you. We are debating whether the bumper should be finished with mean-looking hex head fasteners on the outside or if it should be more sleek with recessed bolts that 'disappear' into the bumper frame. The recessing of the bolts is quite a bit more costly to produce, but seems like it might be better in the end product. I'll try to get some general pictures in a week or two for better describe, but do your best to visualize this and let me know if what I'm asking makes sense.

So if you have a moment to answer the poll, we'd sure appreciate it. We'd hoped to be shipping bumpers this month, but product design always takes longer than one anticipates to get it right, so once we finalize the design, we are aiming for a ship date on or before November 1. Preorders with discounts will be starting in about 14 days.

Thanks guys.....looking forward to it!

Peter Kapsner, Ph.D.
President
Motoalliance
Moto Alliance
1-866-527-7637

·
Registered
214 Posts
Sounds great Peter, Racer Tech has best bumpers on market ! JMO can't wait to see the pics ! Oh, Viper winches (Motoalliance) R the best on market and so is customer service !!!! JMO

·
Registered
254 Posts
I can't wait to see looking to get a bumper and winch for my 2012 xp

·
Vendor
4,015 Posts
Thanks Peter. It's been a pleasure working with you guys.

We're very excited here at RT about this new product. After reviewing all the options currently on the market we decided to go right back to the drawing board and design something this industry has never seen before. In our opinion there is not a suitable option available which meets our expectations. I guarantee there is nothing that will hold a candle to the monster Motoalliance is about to release.

Peter and Motoalliance presented us with a HUGE challenge earlier this year. We accepted and delivered something we believe will be the beginning of a brand collaboration that can change the industry. We can't wait to show everyone what we (MA and RT) have come up with.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
any sneak peaks yet? ive been thinking about getting a front bumper but cant find one that i really like that doesnt involve moving my winch, or the whole rad thing with putting self tapping screws right in front of it

·
Vendor
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's hysterical! :) I'm impressed with the graphics you put in there.

We can't post pictures yet because we were finalizing whether it should have recessed bolts, and the final plow attachment is just getting ready. The design is completed otherwise and prototype will be ready once the decision is made -- likely later today. I could post the current unpainted prototype with the gold hex bolts, but I'd rather wait.

Then Andy will build the final prototype and we will post pictures immediately. Full production shortly thereafter.

Peter
Moto

·
Addicted
3,654 Posts
I will gladly be a guinea pig and test it for you!!

·
Registered
577 Posts
That's hysterical! :) I'm impressed with the graphics you put in there.

We can't post pictures yet because we were finalizing whether it should have recessed bolts, and the final plow attachment is just getting ready. The design is completed otherwise and prototype will be ready once the decision is made -- likely later today. I could post the current unpainted prototype with the gold hex bolts, but I'd rather wait.

Then Andy will build the final prototype and we will post pictures immediately. Full production shortly thereafter.

Peter
Moto
subscribed and waitng....... patiently:rollfinger: lol

·
Vendor
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So....Andy and I just spend 30ish minutes on the phone.

We are tracking for pictures on a RZR middle or end of next week. At that time we will take pre-orders for a very small production run of 10 or so units. These bumpers will be discounted as part of a small market test to make sure what works perfectly in the shop works the exact same way for you in the field.

Then the full-scale production run begins with bumpers available in 4-5 weeks from today. RZR Forum members still get a 5% discount. And because it is meant to be the foundation of an entire front-end ecosystem for plows and winches, special package discounts will be available.

So pictures coming in around 144 hours! :) Will finalize pricing next week too......the first small production run for final product testers will be around 25-30% off.

I'll keep the updates coming now that we are so close.

Peter
Motoalliance

·
Registered
965 Posts
This may be what I have been waiting for....

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
Voted : DO NOT RECESS,

Anyone who's plowed (lots) knows it can be a PITA to get to recessed bolts in the dead of winter & also int the mud, crap like mud, ice ect gets jammed in & is just more work..

In the end I prefer function over form.

Either way if it's quality it'll sell.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Sure, come out with a great new product 2 weeks after I buy an EMP....I see how you are now. LOL.

I vote non-recessed for the reasons Waszak mentioned.

Looking forward to seeing the product!

·
Banned
904 Posts
Sure, come out with a great new product 2 weeks after I buy an EMP....I see how you are now. LOL.

I vote non-recessed for the reasons Waszak mentioned.

Looking forward to seeing the product!
Yeah, same here. I think we should each get one for free to test, what do you think?

·
Vendor
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Interesting on the "recessed" comment in terms of function over form. I'm more of a form guy for those that have spent so much on a beautiful RZR already. But I suspect we'll keep getting good opinions on both.

I do know it'll be upwards of $50 more at the point of production for recessing the bolts. So perhaps we can offer the recess as an option and stock both at different price points.

Peter
Moto

·
Banned
904 Posts
I think that is the best option Peter. I dont remember what I voted, but I can tell you I didnt even think about mud getting cake in there because I always deal with it every where else and also I would hope I wouldnt have to take my bumper off all the time needing to get to those bolts.

·
Premium Member
5,050 Posts
Peter-

We are patiently waiting.... And ready to SELL!!!

Motoalliance has created great products in the past and continues to be one of our best sellers!

Chris
Devious PowerSports

·
Vendor
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey Chris,
This has our full attention to wrap it up right now....Andy and I are emailing as we speak. Can't wait. :)

Peter
Moto

1 - 20 of 190 Posts