Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got my new 570 le and I went here and got lots of good advice on things to look over before I rode it. I went over the whole machine but there was one thing I missed. I was out for a ride and I was on a slow up hill section of trail when the temp light came on. 225 degrees. The machine started lose power. Had to shut it down and wait for it to cool. Got back home and noticed the fan wasn't coming on. Started looking around it and found the wiring harness not connected. Plugged it in and the fan now comes on at 199. Hopefully no damage was done to my engine that's not broken in yet. Any new owners add check your fan harness to the list of things to check on your new rig.

·
Registered
82 Posts
you should be fine....225 really isnt that hot..

G

·
As said 225 isn't that hot..should be fine if that's as hot as it got. Loss of power was likely due to going into limp mode.

·
Registered
570 Posts
When we built drag racing engines, getting it hot several times and letting it cool, just seated the rings, you should be fine.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Most engine builders will agree that until coolant temps have reached 240 the engine was not considered "HOT" (in a damaging manor). Although, I would change the engine oil no questions asked........

·
Registered
7 Posts
Picked up my new 2012 570 today, unloaded from the truck, drove it down the street and back then parked it, letting it idle. Fan came on then it shut down. It over heated, so taking it back to the dealer tomorrow. Hoping it's only air in the cooling system. We'll see. No riding this weekend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts