Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got it yesterday. Left on my truck overnight. Started it to unloaded it. Shut it off to get the ramps put away and then read the manual (like it would tell me something I did not know). Tries to start it - dead click click click. Jumped it. Let it run for a little while. Then took it for its first ride. Started backfiring and the idle was rough. Then it died when idling. Tries it about 5 times. Nope! One more time. Got it idling - then it got up to 204 degrees - so I shut it off. I am charging the battery. Ant help???????????? AND, what's the recall about?

THX!

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
about the battery, theres supposed to be 2 positives and 2 negatives attached from factory to the battery, most dealers forget to attach 1 of each, look down behind the battery and there should be more wires to connect

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
then im not too sure, i only seen a 570 for the first time last weekend i dont have much knowledge about them, someone else will chime in

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
THX! I appreciate your input. Put battery on trickle and long charge. We'll see tomorrow. Thank God I wasn't out in the boonies. Long walk.

·
Registered
253 Posts
The recall had something to do with the crankshaft assembly. A few people blew their engine when a connecting rod failed. If your rzr was built after 1/12/2012 you should be fine. As far as your idle and backfire goes I have no idea. Go over the machine from one end to the other. Some people have reported finding loose intake hoses, loose bolts, check all your fluids. Check your all your electrical connections. Other than that I'd say call your dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Larry Lawton
40 Posts
I went through the same problem. I knew there should be two cables attached to each battery post, and my 570 had 'em. I couldn't figure out why the battery would not charge. Upon closer examinaion, the first dealer had attached a pigtail for a trickle charge system, then my dealer did an exchange to get the one I wanted. Once I located and connected all THREE leads to the battery, my problem was solved.
I wouldn't bring it up, but you said you had a GREY wire connected to your positive post. Mine is grey, but with a red tip on the positive side.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Charged all night. I think it took. gonna put 'er in and try. Will update if I learn anything. Am going top to bottom checking everything..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok. Afte rthe charge, it ran great for about an hour. Then, same old same old. Took to the dealer this morning. Not mad yet.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Took it out numerous times and works great! My buddy's girlfriend rolled his rzr on a narrow trail yesterday (she turned uphill and bang - it went over). He picked it up himself. Just scratched the roll bar and disassembeld a part of the plastic. We got is fixed easy. She squashed her ankle. These trails are about 5 feet wide and lots of side hills. Not made for SxS's.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Troubles are back again! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! Engine light came on on November 3, 2012. Was also not idling. Called Chaparall and they said the stater was outputting too much (error code; 0 168 3). Took it in 11/3/2012. They say it was the regulator. Back ordered and no ETA on the part. Called another dealer. They said back order record indicates that the part will be in (don't know how they know) 11/23. SO, my rzr will have been in the shop 25 days since I bought it. looks like a lemon to me.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Took it out numerous times and works great! My buddy's girlfriend rolled his rzr on a narrow trail yesterday (she turned uphill and bang - it went over). He picked it up himself. Just scratched the roll bar and disassembeld a part of the plastic. We got is fixed easy. She squashed her ankle. These trails are about 5 feet wide and lots of side hills. Not made for SxS's.
The penalties for breaking the laws of gravity are paid immediately :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ya...my GF tried doing the same thing. She got spooked and her instinct told her to turn up the hill and punch the throttle! My left hand reached over and slammed that wheel back so fast it scared her :22yikes:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts