Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

Registered
Regardless, I think we can all agree that Polaris needs to work on their quality control and warranty. I'll give you an example... I purchased aftermarket steering wheels and hubs. One went on with no issues and worked fine. However on the second machine I had to grind down the steering column to accommodate the lack of quality control on manufacturing the component. Regardless of manufacture it is unacceptable. In todays manufacturing world, when I buy two of any one thing I expect them to be identical and interchangeable. Polaris is the leader and should not be looking over their shoulder.....oh crap here comes CF Moto 馃槱

Registered
I've no doubt Polaris has a QC problem at their assembly plant in Mexico where they built my 2020 XP 1000 TRE. And, I absolutely do not blame the employees on the floor. Quality begins and ends with management and it's designed (engineered) into the process.

What I don't know, and what concerns me most, is how much of my RZR was assembled there and how much was shipped there already assembled?

Reactions: therebel19

Yes, I know where we are?
It would help if you told us how you really feel about Honda!
Honestly, I don't hate Honda at all. I would own one if I thought I would be happy with it and it would do what I wanted it to do and thought it would be reliable for me and it was the right price. The price was right when I looked at buying one and that is the main reason I did check them out. I knew about its problems beforehand and when I saw them in person I wasn't impressed. I looked at three or four. On one the door shut like it should, one had to be slammed two or three times and one wouldn't latch at all no matter how it was shut. The plastic on all of them had large gaps between the dash and fender plastics where the roll cage went through, worse than any Polaris I have seen. I also knew lots of them were sent out without any or with low levels of lube in the low range transmission. So I thought about all the problems they were having and I was afraid to buy one. Bottom line.
We all know the problems with Polaris because we read about them every day on here, but I know them pretty well after lots of years of owning them and I have actually had really good luck with them. Not perfect, but I also like the overall performance of Polaris vehicles.
But, with the problems Honda has had with lots of their vehicles since the introduction of the 1000cc and DCT they don't deserve the praise that is heaped upon them ad nauseum. They are on par with all the rest as far as reliability and poor design and engineering errors and poor assembly and dealer checkout problems.

Registered
Discussion Starter #28
Need Polaris to address known issues and help owners resolve them. Some parts are improved, but getting that info to the end user seems overlooked to avoid image issues with new customers. I see it as missed opportunity to improve image of company taking care of customers. Building trust is not on the radar when you own the market share. Same biz model around world.

Lol. These are all on the first page when I dialed er up a few minutes ago.
Git u some of that legendary Honda reliability.

Look at the date of those threads and see what you think.
I guess my question is, if Honda's are so trouble free and super reliable why are these people having these problems?

Registered
I'm not arguing if Honda quality is good or not but when I followed the links they were pretty current with only one stating theirs was a 2019. I'm wondering if Honda fixed the issue for the newer ones or took care of owners that had it happen if a fix was implemented in the newer ones.

As I posted earlier, my RS1 was pretty good except for one extra bolt found in the skid plate.

Registered
Discussion Starter #34
They all have problems. I do believe there is a lot of room for improvement. My concern is the poor assemble of high performance machines. When any company lets QC during assemble slide the customer will surely pay the price. That might include loss of life.

Just have to pick your poison and live with it.

More Talon problems.
Now the dash displays are getting water inside.
Dealers say obvious factory defect that lets the water leak in.
Honda denies any responsibility.
Some more of that legendary Honda quality.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts