Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so My friends went out and bought rzr 570 3 of them in the past 4 days. So I was thinking these could be run. So I started reading up on them and figured for the little bit of extra money I would buy the 800 with the wider suspension and the fox coil overs. Then I seen the 4 seater and i have three boys and figured this would be great father,son and brother bonding time. So I bought a demo one on friday it had 4 hrs on it and 44 miles. I noticed the back tires looked like the had been spinning them on the pavement I said something to the guy and also it made a whinning sound when off throttle he said that was normal. So I took it home. Later that night I went and rhode it with my friends well there 570's were leaving me I couldnt get past 40mph I figured maybe not enought room. So the next day I took it out on some land I went through a creek and it got stuck. It was not to deep then I put in 4x4 and it went back a foot them stopped. Water was now coming in the floor on one side. After I got pulled out it would not move like the belt was slipping I had to let it sit idling for about a hr before it would move. Even wide open field no faster then 42. I took it on the highway on down hill only got to 50. Then I was going up a hill not steep and felt like it was slipping again I got to the top got out had some one hit the throttle and the left tire spun not the right. Grabbed the axle and could tell the cv joint broke. I put 4hrs on this thing and 40 miles. Im almost to the point of taking it back and tell them I want a different one because I think this thing had problems already. I just thinkg 13k is alot to spend on something that breaks in 4hrs. Any thoughts about the top speed issue anyone?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also the water where I got stuck my friends took there 570's just as deep as mine and had no problems

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats what I am thinking. I never signed papers with my bank so techically I dont sign they dont get paid so I think I have the upper hand here. I was reading and I think this thing should run around 60 is that right? I kinda thought of jumping up to the 900 Im not impressed at all with this one unless I got a bad one. Just brings back bad memories when My friend bough new sportsman 500 in 95 and it was in the shop with belt problems more then he rhode it.

·
Registered
385 Posts
def take it back.
sounds like whoever demo'd it, beat the piss out of it.
def sounds like a glazed belt on the lack of speed, and the tires looking funny would certainly add to that thought.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just very disappointed spending that kind of money to have it do this and then the axle break. This is the first new toy I have bought my self ever so kinda not happy I spent three days deciding to buy new or used or one at all. But already had plans to buy the soft cab and heater figured my kids and I would have a blast in it this winter instead of being stuck in side when it snows and its to cold.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How about the whinning sound on decel is that normal? He said it was normal on the 800's unfortunately I did not test out the other 800's so I would not know

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Its loud he said was normal but I drove both of my friends 570 and it did not make any noise on decel. I was thinking belt or clutched either way wont go over 40 and right rear axle is broke. I have not even took off trailer and truck still hooked up I will be taking back first thing in the am. They has a 2013 with power steering and and alot more or they had a demo 900 4 seater if the the fire department dont buy. Im going to drive the other 800 see if there is a difference. Bottom line I am not keeping this one that has already broke in 4hrs.

·
Registered
385 Posts
sorry, all the 800s do. they have a different trans setup than the 570/900. even the rangers do it. now, if it is insane loud, yeah, there's an issue. but they all have a whine on decel.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I guess the main thing is that the top speed issue and the axle broke in only 40 miles and 4hrs on it.

·
Officially Addicted
694 Posts
They will warranty the axle. They are weak though, and will break pretty easy. For a piece of mind you could go ahead and upgrade axles. If an axle is broke it won't go over 40mph. I know that's why you got stuck. They won't pull in 3wd. Been there, done that.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No it spun both tires just was slow. Either way it shouldn't have been broke either before or after week or not.

·
Officially Addicted
694 Posts
I broke one at 100 miles. Yeah it sucks, Polaris makes them weak. I took it out, took the broken shaft to the dealer, laid it on the parts counter, and they agreed it shouldn't have broke. Warranty sent a brand new one. I personally wouldn't have bought a demo unit, or any used rzr unless I knew who owned it. But the dealer should take care of you. Its not anything to be concerned with. Let them fix.it and enjoy it.

·
Desert Rat
2,118 Posts
I'd take it back and tell them you want another one. If you didn't sign papers, you shouldn't be on the hook. If they don't want to give you a different one, and you aren't out any money, run (don't walk) to a different dealer.

I would agree that it sounds like the belt, and probably the sheaves, are glazed. The axle/CV Joint issue is probably a result of the aforementioned hard use on blacktop as evidenced by the torn up tires. Sounds like somebody was doing donuts on blacktop, that will break a CV, nothing you did should have broken one. Contrary to popular belief, CV joints are not fragile, but they will break if badly abused.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts