Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
The RTL-S is here!

You asked for it, so we built it!

The RTL-S is the Signal version of our extremely popular RTL Series. Featuring red running and brake lights, independent flashing amber turn signals, and a white center work/scene light, the RTL-S is everything you need to gain additional safety and visibility on the trail or race course - with quality that is second to none.

RTL-S, 30" Rear Light Bar(SKU 103002), $404.95 * Forum Price
https://www.bajadesigns.com/Products/RTL-S-rear-light-bar.asp
(Tail/Brake , Amber Turn Signal , Reverse/Work , Amber Turn Signal , Tail/Brake)

-Bailey, Baja Designs
bailey@bajadesigns.com

I have the RTL-S light bar the instructions seem pretty non-descript. Not enough for a newb, any help for the installation on a 17 Turbo would be great. I already have a street legal kit sitting in the garage and a power control system. Going to start the install soon.

I have the RTL-S light bar the instructions seem pretty non-descript. Not enough for a newb, any help for the installation on a 17 Turbo would be great. I already have a street legal kit sitting in the garage and a power control system. Going to start the install soon.
I will have to look when I get home but it was pretty simple. If I remember right, Red was tail, yellow was amber as blue was the Baja chase light for my light. What colors do you have.

Mine has 6 wires just like the instructions below. First time wiring anything so I'm making certain I am doing it right before I start making connections.

Baja Designs RTL-S wiring

4 wire side
Black ------------------ Ground
Red --------------------Amber/Running
Yellow ----------------Amber/Brake
Blue ---------------- White Light

2 wire side
Yellow ------------Right Turn Signal
Blue --------------Left Turn Signal

Please note the following:
- The RTL-S can run at 9-36 Volts

4 Wire Side of Light
- Red, yellow, and blue function off positive current
- Yellow (brake) will only function is Red (running) is receiving power.
- In order to run the white light, it is recommended you put it on a switch.

2 Wire Side of Light
-Yellow and Blue function as the turn signal power wires
- Turn signal power wires should be spliced into their respective directional wiring.

END

How about a simple Tail/brake light with backup/work light that's AFORDABLE to most of us?
Most of us are not racers and don't need the amber flashing or the blue light. Just a decent tail/brake and maybe a nice reverse light.

All in one lights? I have a LED backup light hooked up to a switch on dash already, but would be nice to have a higher mounted tail/brake light with built in backup light, like the ones Tribal whips used to make.

Discussion starter · #28 ·
Mine has 6 wires just like the instructions below. First time wiring anything so I'm making certain I am doing it right before I start making connections.

Baja Designs RTL-S wiring

4 wire side
Black ------------------ Ground
Red --------------------Amber/Running
Yellow ----------------Amber/Brake
Blue ---------------- White Light

2 wire side
Yellow ------------Right Turn Signal
Blue --------------Left Turn Signal

Please note the following:
- The RTL-S can run at 9-36 Volts

4 Wire Side of Light
- Red, yellow, and blue function off positive current
- Yellow (brake) will only function is Red (running) is receiving power.
- In order to run the white light, it is recommended you put it on a switch.

2 Wire Side of Light
-Yellow and Blue function as the turn signal power wires
- Turn signal power wires should be spliced into their respective directional wiring.

END

That would be correct! Post some pics when you finish hooking it up.

-Bailey, Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.com

Discussion starter · #29 ·
How about a simple Tail/brake light with backup/work light that's AFORDABLE to most of us?
Most of us are not racers and don't need the amber flashing or the blue light. Just a decent tail/brake and maybe a nice reverse light.

Here is something that is a little bit more affordable, the RTL-M:

RTL-M w/ License Plate Light - $249.95
https://www.bajadesigns.com/Products/RTL-m-6-inch-rear-Light-Bar.asp

RTL-M w/o License Plate Light - $219.95
https://www.bajadesigns.com/Products/RTL-M-6-inch-Light-Bar-No-Plate-Light.asp

Mounting Kits:
RTL-M, License Plate Mount Kit - $19.95
https://www.bajadesigns.com/Products/RTL-M-License-Plate-Mount-Kit.asp

RTL-M, Spare Tire Mount Kit - $79.95
https://www.bajadesigns.com/Products/RTL-M-Spare-Tire-Mount-Kit.asp

OEM

RTL-M

Discussion starter · #30 ·
Want a quick and easy way to mount an RTL to your 2 seat or 4 seat RZR? Look no further! This allows you to easily bolt a 30" RTL to the factory cage.
https://www.bajadesigns.com/Products/Polaris-RZR-Lighting-Kits.asp

2015-17 Polaris RZR, 2 seat, 30" RTL Mount Kit - $70.05
https://www.bajadesigns.com/Products/Polaris-RZR-2-Seat-15-17-RTL-Mounting-Kit.asp

2015-17 Polaris RZR, 4 seat, 30" RTL Mount Kit - $75.95
https://www.bajadesigns.com/Products/Polaris-RZR-4-Seat-15-17-RTL-Mounting-Kit.asp

Includes:
- (2) Mounting Brackets
- Hardware

Compatible with:
- 30" RTL LED Light Bar
- 30" RTL-S LED Light Bar
- 30" RTL-B LED Light Bar
- 30" RTL-G LED Light Bar

Discussion starter · #31 ·
Now announcing Automotive RTL Wiring Harnesses!

Automotive RTL Wiring Harness (sku 640127) - $82.95
https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/Automotive-RTL-Harness.asp

This harness was designed for someone looking for a harness that is long enough to reach to the rear of your car or truck and power an RTL. The harness comes equipped with high quality sheathing and a relay to power all the functions; running light, brake, and cargo/reverse light. Looking to run turn signals on your RTL-S? Add the Automotive RTL-S Turn Signal Harness:

Automotive RTL-S Turn Signal Harness (sku 640130) - $26.95
https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/Automotive-RTL-S-Turn-Signal-Harness.asp
This harness is designed to be a jumper from your turn signal leads to the RTL input leads. It can be used in concurrence with part number 64-0127

UTV SPECIFIC RTL WIRING HARNESSES COMING SOON !!!

Save 10% with your forum discount! Coupon Code: BDForums
-Bailey, Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.com

Sorry for bringing this thread back from the dead, but I have an RTL question before I pull the trigger.

Ideally I'd want the white middle light with the ability to keep the ambers solid or make them strobe. I really don't care about or need the turn signals. It's my understanding the original RTL only has the option for solid ambers..

I don't want to hassle with blue since I'm in CA and don't race, and would be willing to go with the Green, but I'd like to know if I can keep the Ambers solid if I choose to, instead of having them strobe all the time.

Hopefully that makes sense... Thank you

Discussion starter · #33 ·
Sorry for bringing this thread back from the dead, but I have an RTL question before I pull the trigger.

Ideally I'd want the white middle light with the ability to keep the ambers solid or make them strobe. I really don't care about or need the turn signals. It's my understanding the original RTL only has the option for solid ambers..

I don't want to hassle with blue since I'm in CA and don't race, and would be willing to go with the Green, but I'd like to know if I can keep the Ambers solid if I choose to, instead of having them strobe all the time.

The RTL-S is the only light that allows the Amber lights to function independently of the Red Taillights. They don't strobe or flash from BD, that is up to how you wire the light. The Amber will be solid unless you add a strobe or flasher module.

We don't recommend strobing or flashing the amber on the standard RTL or RTL-G, this will also flash the red running lights since they are wired together.

Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.com

I think you need to run the RTL-S with the addition of a strobe module https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...-me-solid-state-random-led-flasher/1744/4257/

For me I am running the RTL-S and use the ambers as turn signals and a solid dust light(with additional switch.) If I want them to strobe I can simply add the above module.

Thank you both! That helped a lot.
Also the white center light is stupid bright and depending on how you mount it can be kinda a pain for a cargo light since it hits you right in the face so I question its usefulness until a couple weeks ago at the dunes. I used it to cook dinner late one night. backed the razor up to the grill and had more then enough light to see what I was doing. Sold me having it!

Discussion starter · #38 ·
Also the white center light is stupid bright and depending on how you mount it can be kinda a pain for a cargo light since it hits you right in the face so I question its usefulness until a couple weeks ago at the dunes. I used it to cook dinner late one night. backed the razor up to the grill and had more then enough light to see what I was doing. Sold me having it!
Diesel D, do you have the white light on a separate switch? or do you have it on at all times.

I decided I wasn't willing to do the extra work to make them strobe so I went with the original RTL. Just wanna know if I can add a switch to turn the white light on and off as I choose.

Diesel D, do you have the white light on a separate switch? or do you have it on at all times.

I decided I wasn't willing to do the extra work to make them strobe so I went with the original RTL. Just wanna know if I can add a switch to turn the white light on and off as I choose.
Yes the white light has its own power wire that you can add a switch to to function independently.

mounting is easy too. once you get the light it will make more sense. For me I just welded a tab to my roll cage before powercoat but BD does offer universal roll cage mounts too.

cargo light

21 - 40 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.