Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Neutral when I use wheel nets. Park when i use regular tie downs to the frame.

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
To me it's just another safety if something else fails, just like using a parking brake. If it's strapped down correctly it can't move so it's not about "hurting the trans". So guys saying they tow with it it neutral...I'm curious as to your reasoning?

·
The Lone Rzr
2,362 Posts
neutral and parking brake.
If you have a parking brake it's not as important
Depends on where or how you tie down. If you tie down like in that ST video, he's pulling forward and now locked up the parking pawl just like you would be on an incline

Reactions: CyborgPirate

·
Registered
130 Posts
I am probably in the minority because I strap through the wheel and have a parking brake but I see no need with those two systems to engage a third (parking brake). This system never has my parking pawl at risk either. I really like the foot activated parking brake and my next machine will have one added as well. Personal preference I guess.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have to use Park regardless because I always am unloading and loading all by myself in my 7x16 enclosed trailer.

I wouldn’t mind putting it in neutral to tie down and then put it back in Park when it’s tight but the above applies for me. I would never travel with it in neutral tho.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
neutral and parking brake.
If you have a parking brake it's not as important
Depends on where or how you tie down. If you tie down like in that ST video, he's pulling forward and now locked up the parking pawl just like you would be on an incline
Obviously you don't want to pull the drivetrain against the parking paw. So after it's strapped down why would you not shift it back to park? You would never tow a full size rig in neutral. Maybe I'm thick and just don't get it but IMO every precaution should be used.

·
Morris Racing #711
663 Posts
To me it's just another safety if something else fails, just like using a parking brake. If it's strapped down correctly it can't move so it's not about "hurting the trans". So guys saying they tow with it it neutral...I'm curious as to your reasoning?
The only reason I sometimes leave it in N is because with my clutching it's hard to move just a few inches if I need to, so it's easier to push it in N if I didn't get it right when I pull on the trailer. I just tend to leave it in N when that happens, otherwise I'll put it in P. The straps I use are 3", over the tire and in e-track. I'm not too concerned about them failing and I don't have to worry about the suspension moving and popping a strap off.

·
Registered
130 Posts
The previous business I owned required one of my trucks to pull a large bobtail with a payloader on it. There was no park on the transmission, only a park brake (which is common). We drove it on in the right spot for weight distribution, strapped so it couldn't move forward, backward or side to side and left the machine in park. Never had an issued nor would we have gotten any tickets if stopped by the DOT. It seems like I read somewhere that the new KRX doesn't have a park position in the transmission, just a park brake. If you like putting your machine in park, go for it. It's not incorrect to not do so. Many things are hauled that have wheels and have no transmission and no park brake. Do the best you can and enjoy the ride!

·
The Lone Rzr
2,362 Posts
There isn't a right or wrong way.
Like others have said just personal preferance or maybe I just got lazy in my old age lol.
I pull in trailer, set parking brake, put in neutral, tie down and go.

I also like to tie down at the chassis. So there ya go lol

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I always tow with it in neutral, just personal preference. I use four wheel nets and have an aftermarket parking brake.

·
The Lone Rzr
2,362 Posts
And someone's first post
Must be a REALLY slow day for him lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts