Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New here i have recently came across a polaris razor 800 that had a motor swap, trying to verify what motor it has in it. The sticker on the side of the motor say RZRXP 925-15,T.
Thanks in advance

·
The Lone Rzr
3,743 Posts
If in fact it's a 925 which it's appears to be then it should have a turbo
My first guess would be fuel pressure.
But I wonder how they programmed the ecm
Did it run before?

·
Registered
455 Posts
The first turbo was out in 2016.
How are you going to put a turbo engine & trans in a 800?
How are you going to put a 900 motor & trans in a 800?
The clutches on the 800 are behind the seats, all the rest are on the drivers side.

Take a few pictures and send them our way. I have to see this...

·
Registered
12 Posts
New here i have recently came across a polaris razor 800 that had a motor swap, trying to verify what motor it has in it. The sticker on the side of the motor say RZRXP 925-15,T.
Thanks in advance
So turbo RZR eng. fires at a different degree than non turbo Eng .Pieriod end of story! You will need wiring harness from a like model year along with a pcm for a turbo of that year . I have done this believe me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The car you see was a non turbo that i built 3 motors for using the best parts available at the time and the right clearances pistons valves couldn't keep them together and of course took out the turbo every time. $ 10,000.00 later i put a turbo eng. in its place would run on one cyld. then i found out the turbo motor fires @ 170 deg. installed turbo harness along side OE harness and installed turbo PCM . using a dynojet V tuned it never looked back. super fast as fast as my 2019 can am RS turbo with W/S 220 Hp Tune

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The car you see was a non turbo that i built 3 motors for using the best parts available at the time and the right clearances pistons valves couldn't keep them together and of course took out the turbo every time. $ 10,000.00 later i put a turbo eng. in its place would run on one cyld. then i found out the turbo motor fires @ 170 deg. installed turbo harness along side OE harness and installed turbo PCM . using a dynojet V tuned it never looked back. super fast as fast as my 2019 can am RS turbo with W/S 220 Hp Tune
Thanks a lot on the info. It does running on 1 cylinder witch is on the mag side. But how can I confirm that it’s a turbo engine and what year it is? About ready to tell him to burn it down. He doesn’t know any info on it at all.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts