Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to purchase a tig welder needs to be able to weld 1/4" aluminum.
been looking at millers and lincolns any personal experiences or recommendations
thanks in advance
jeff

·
Registered
216 Posts
I’ve got a Miller syncrowave and it’s done a good job for me. I like a simple machine, mine does not have a lot of the options like pulse timers but it’s also much easier to setup than some I have seen. The newer Lincoln machines are also very nice and easy to use

·
Cave diver
97 Posts
I’ve had both Lincoln and Miller. Both are great machines. I had to take the Lincoln in for repair once. I would give the edge to Miller.

Mark

·
Registered
10 Posts
I recently bought a Millermatic 220. It's and AC / DC machine and can MIG, TIG and Stick. Does up to 1/4" aluminum, carbon steel and stainless. Really easy to use. It's made me a far better welder than I actually am.

·
Registered
26 Posts
If you don’t want to fork out the cash for miller or Lincoln, Everlast has probably the best “off brand” machines IMO. And they’re about half the price a miller will run you.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Gonna give a second nod to the miller synchrowave. It’s a well built square wave TIG. It does best on heavier gauge though. You’re not going to weld thin sheet without a pulse until you are really good. I’m not there yet:)

·
Registered
725 Posts
Miller or Lincoln. Cyberweld is haveing a sale on welders right now. I weld everyday and I get all of my stuff from cyberweld seems to be the cheapest place online.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Miller or Lincoln?...kind of like Ford or Chevy....ha...ha...I've TIG'd alum and steel on both and on welding alone no clear winner. The important part is choosing a welder that fits YOUR welding projects. If you're welding alum sheetmetal manifolds all day then a machine with more control of the A/C wave and frequency and such would be important while if you're doing a little bit of this and that a simpler machine just might fit your needs....Don't forget to add some bucks to your budget for a water cooler....

·
Registered
186 Posts
X2 on water cooler. I weld stainless a lot at low amps ~55a. Never a problem! But when welding my cage at much higher amperage ~120 it gets hot in a hurry. I love my synchrowave but a water cooler is in my future.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts