Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Aint rolled it yet!
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a standard 2010 rzr and need to give it some lift. It bottoms out on everything in the woods! I dont want to make it to wide for the trails but i would like for it to have some more clearance and maybe a little wider stance. What would be the best way to accomplish this?? Maybe a different offset wheel, wheel spacers and a lift, bigger tires? I just wanted to know what some of you guys had did to your rzrs. Or maybe I could just crank up the springs.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
I went with a 2" lift from racer tech and a set of 27" ITP's on there 212 rims. Gave me some good ground clearance and my stance is now 54". I would suggest upgrading the stock shocks or at least add better springs. Hope this helps. I did need to grind a little of my engine mount bracket for clearance.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
If you get better springs you won't need the lift. They do pretty much the same thing. Depending on your budget.. Racertech sells a +3 and Zbroz has a +2 Both give you more ground clearance, little wider stance and more wheel travel.. I started with a lift.. then went to shocks and springs. Then a year later ended up with a +4.

·
Vendor
969 Posts
8ball is correct. If you chose to go with our EXIT shocks, we could set them up to increase your ride height without killing your overall ride. Shoot me a PM if I can help with anything.

Chris,
Zbroz Racing

·
Geezer with Joey
519 Posts
"It bottoms out on everything in the woods!" For that only I would suggest Progressive springs from Makintrax that would stop bottoming and raise you about an inch

·
Registered
38 Posts
i put a 2" lift on my 08 rzr and started braking cv joint
i got the lift that mounted to botton of the shock
busted 2 in 3 mouth

·
Aint rolled it yet!
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well Im off work right now with a broken ankle and have had way too much time to shop the internet. What ive came up with is the roktec 3 in. lift, MSA Patriot 2+5 offset wheels ( this will give it a wider stance), and 26x9x12 front and 26x11x12 back of some tire that I havent decided yet. Then a set of "S" fender flares off of ebay. Then ive also thought of just buying the super atv +5 kit and being done with it. Then I will have to buy shocks because it will be lower to the ground! Who knows what will come out of me being off work. :pint:

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
I agree.. Also consider that off set rims and/or spacers add leverage to various suspension parts and will make it a littler harder to steer. If you want to be wider your better off adding longer A-arms. Of course better shocks would be a plus either way..

·
Registered
234 Posts
Well Im off work right now with a broken ankle and have had way too much time to shop the internet. What ive came up with is the roktec 3 in. lift, MSA Patriot 2+5 offset wheels ( this will give it a wider stance), and 26x9x12 front and 26x11x12 back of some tire that I havent decided yet. Then a set of "S" fender flares off of ebay. Then ive also thought of just buying the super atv +5 kit and being done with it. Then I will have to buy shocks because it will be lower to the ground! Who knows what will come out of me being off work. :pint:
Don't think the 2+5 will make you any wider by themselves; wider tires might. The stock wheels are 2+4 and 2+6 with the 2 being to the outside of the hub. 3+4 should make you wider by about an inch per side.

·
Aint rolled it yet!
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The 2+5 means by looking at the rear or front of the machine, you will have 5 in. sticking out past the hub and 2 in. inside the hub. This will make the machine 3 in. wider all the way around. Just look at mainerzr on here, he has the same set up. It does add stress to all the suspension componets, but is a cheap way to add width.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I have the 2" RDC lift kit, HL Springs and I'm running SRA wheels on the rear with 1.5" wheel/spacer adapters. I'm 60" in the rear.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Another thought, I put on ROK TEK 3" lift kit. It worked great never had any problems except when I loaded in my trailer. It would rub the ceiling as I traveled down the road. Did not like that issue so I installed Legand Air Suspension. Would have been cheaper to buy a higher trailer but now I can adjust any height I need. When I go to Moab or in the mountains of Nevada or Utah I don't worry about hittings rocks. I just have to remember to lower it when I load in my trailer. I could have put a winch on the rear also so I could suck it down when traveling. Just some more ideas.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts