Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

Need some help!!

1K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  mekirk2 
#1 ·
So we went riding yesterday and the following happened....I had not been through any mud or water yet. We were riding down hunting club roads and my rzr would go but when I gave it gas it would not go. I wouldnt spit and spudder it just wouldnt go..It would slowly gain speed, not like it should..I then cut it off and when I tried to start it and it wouldnt start..I then waited for a second and it started and ran great. I did it one more time and ran great the rest of the night..

Anyone now about this..I would like to get some advice before I take it back to the dealer..

Thanks

#3 ·
No codes, no overheating. just wouldnt go..I keep my guage set on the temp so that i can monitor the temp because we ride in mud and I know it will overheat if the radiator gets clogged.

BTW I forgot in my initial post it is a 2012 RZR S with only 25 hours

#6 ·
I just replaced the belt on it and it was the first ride. The engine oil is clean but I dont think it is the engine. However I do not know that for sure. I rode it again just a little while ago and it was still doing it just not as bad.

How do you get air in the cooling system? and How would I check to see if there is air in it? Also how would the guage not show it overheating if it was?

Thanks for all the help guys..Please keep your ideas coming because I would like to know as much as i can about this so I can prevent it from happening again

#7 ·
I rode it somemore last night and it seems to do fine when it is cold but when it heats up it seems to run bad. act like it doesnt want to go and maybe even missing a little bit when it idleing.

Has anyone else got some opinions?

#9 ·
Did not, how do I do that?

#11 ·
Go to O'Reilleys, Advance Auto or one of the auto parts places. They will often loan you the equipment to do the test. Pressure should be 39 PSI +/- 3 psi. That pressure should be at idle as well as running down the road. I think you have a fuel restriction. You can get a Jeep fuel pump from one of the auto parts places that is much cheaper that an OEM pump.

#12 ·
2012 RZR S w/25 miles, is it still under warranty? If it does it consistently when hot - let it warm up when you get to the dealer and show them what it does - then let them fix it.

When you pick it up, let it warm up at the dealer and make sure it is fixed. I had a 4WD issue once, they said it was fixed and ready for pickup. Went to load it up and the 4WD didnt work. Asked what they did - they said they actually only tested it and couldnt repeat the issue. So I walked them out to it and repeated it for them (after they had had it over a week). 4WD would engage on the jacks (and turn the front tires), just not under load.

Moral of the story - check it onsite if you can before you load it up.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.