Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just traded for a 2009 green rzr and have a couple problems it has 1500 miles on it and the #1 rod is completely bad. I am going to drive this thing like i stole it but i live in WV so i am going to be riding mostly in the woods. I am at a cross roads I will probley eventually get a big bore kit but I do not want to spend the money on the crankworks crank. will a stock crank hold up to big bore kit. what mods can i do for a couple bucks. i already ordered standerd bore je pistons and I cna get the crank oem at cost what should I do thanks everyone.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Since the BIG BORE is not in your immediate future, a Stock Crank will be fine. Since your rod is toast, you already know that the crank will need to be replaced. My suggestion is since you're going to drive it like it was stolen is to pick up a Used Crank. Prices will vary on age/condition in the range of 150-300.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well I cant find a used one Ive checked ebay and nothing so i had my buddy order me one it was only 534.00. I made me a sweet battery box because the old one was trashed and brocken now I can fit a yellow top optima under my driver seat. thanks everyone

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
You might want to check with MCX, Aerocharger, or some of the other turbo and engine builders.
They take out stock cranks and put in billet cranks,,, so they usually have stock cranks that they would like to sell.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts