Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 15 of 34 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the wife rolled my machine pretty good. Bent front upper control arm, bent trailing arm, and some other minor things.

Put the new trailing arm on and got everything lined up and snugged up but it’s almost like the axle it too short now. It doesn’t reach fully into the hub. If I thread the castle nut on and start tightening it, it ends up just pulling the axle out of the rear.
Nothing else appears to be bent/off.

Can someone do me a favor and check a measurementon their machine for me.
Here’s pics of what I need…
From the split in the rear case to the right side of the window

Attachments

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Common sense tells me something else has to be bent but I’ve gone over the machine 100 times and can’t find anything.
I’m at a loss here… just doesn’t make sense

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So I removed the axle and it measures 29 1/4” in length. And this might be a stupid question but I’ve never taken notice… obv the joints pivot in a 360 degree rotation, but are the joints supposed to plunge in and out? It’s has a tiny bit of play in and out but not actual “movement”.

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
They should move significantly, not just a tiny bit. Inner should plunge in and out several inches, and the outer usually only about an inch. Mostly because the outer boot is shorter and tapered significantly.
Ok this must be the issue then because it barely plunges. Maybe 1/8 - 1/4” and at the hub seems to be about 2” short.
It’s just odd because it moves fine rotationally. You’d think if something was holding it from plunging, it would impinge the rest of the movement

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Not causing you grief. I totally understand your situation. My opinion, is usually wrong. (y)

$1k into parts and looking for a solution that may or may not be an easy fix. What may have been tweeked causing other issues?
You may be a master mechanic or RZR Dr., no ability/skills judgment from me. Personally, I would put the diagnosis and fixing liability on the dealer with a claim. If it is not corrected back to OEM specs, it's a fight between the dealer and insurance co.

Just a thought.
Yea I understand that thought process. Just thought it was gunna be a quick easy replace some parts kinda fix and that it’ll be hung up at the dealer for months. (Have to wait forever by me for a regular service appointment). And I’m sure my deductible is $1000 anyway…

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I agree with not going through insurance,, rates are already sky high 💯💯 save that for major loss.
Don’t blame it on her she’s gonna be mad when she finds out 😂😂😂
LOL, nope… it was her. We were in NH with a group and she had a rental XP1000 but it was limited at 35mph… so being a good husband I let her use my machine the second half of the day to have fun and literally a mile from the end of the day she took a turn too fast which went into a narrow bridge… slid off the bridge, hit the embankment and it barrel rolled in the air twice without touching the ground. Amazing all the broke/bent was the trailing arm, axle, front upper control arm, and I believe my gas float is stuck because it’s showing empty even tho the tanks full.

I will say… harness are worth every penny! She didn’t have a scratch on her

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Isn’t the bottom joint locked with a round clip on axle Should not move on outer joint. Top inside joint moves in and out to a point. They both can’t move. I don’t think. But im going off older machines. But I think I Mayb right. I’m guessing the bottom cv got pushed passed the clip. Should only b able to wiggle that one.
The stock axle, only the inner joint plunges. I replaced it with a SuperATV rhino 2.0 and both joints plunge on that.

1 - 15 of 34 Posts