Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, just got an 08 with some goodies, nothing major but theyre a start. Anyways, i was wondering if I could bypass the airbox by just running my snorkel right to the TB... I have heard the horror stories of dirt etc getting past the tb because of flexing joints. I'd filter the top of the snorkel obviously but not sure if it would cause problems. Will prolly be on here a lot, so, looking forward to any help. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I would not suggest it. If you will look at an agricultural tractor your will see that they have a snorkel. That snorkel has a prefilter and then down the intake there is another air filter. I realize that they are in a much more harsh enviroment. But keep in mind that each fitting in the air intake is a possible leak for dirt. You want your final filtration as close to the throttle body as possible. It depends where you ride, but keep in mind dirt is not your friend.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Nothing wrong with the stock air box. Two machines and 7000 miles. Just do the grumpy mod or do your snorkel ahead of it if you are a deep water rider.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts